Tons of lag on Tak
So I picked up Tak and the Power of Juju today to spark some of my nostalgia. When I started it up, it already dropped down to 40-50 fps at the main menu. I played it a little, and the most it got up to while playing was 47 fps while actually controlling it. Any easy way I could get up to at least like, 55-60 fps?

Set-up with what matters:
GPU-GTX-660
CPU-AMD A6-3650 with 2.6ghz quadcore

Sponsored links

Please post a screenshot of your pcsx2 settings and, what are the EE and GS values slowdown ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
CPU is way too weak. It has a single threaded of 902, most games need around 1600.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
@ssakash: I'm not entirely sure what I should screenshot when it comes to showing people the settings I have for PCSX2. Can you specify please?
@Blyss Sarania: I figured my CPU would be awful for this sort of thing. I got it stock a few years ago and never upgraded the CPU, so in order to do that I'd need to get a new motherboard and CPU. I seem to run modern games very well though, why is it that PSCX2 is so demanding for it?
your speedhacks section settings and GSDX plugin settings. and, don't compare emulation with native PC games since, emulating ps2 using pcsx2 can be a lot more taxing than modern games in terms of requirements of the processor.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
You need several x86 instructions to emulate one ps2 instruction. I don't know the exact number but lets say 5. Therefore a pc needs to be several (5) times more performant than the ps2.

In principle all components of the ps2 have to run on one pc component: the cpu. Again I don't remember and don't want to look for how many components... lets say 8. That makes performance requirement 40 x higher than the ps2.

Additional there are some synchronization issues which stops you as well (software controlled synchronization required + lack of multithreading support). Maybe doubling effort? I really have no idea. Probably game depending as well.

In the end you might get something like that the pc compnents to emulate ps2 components need to be 100x higher than pc components. You easily see that emulating a ps2 in realtime is one of the most demanding things you can do.
@ssakash http://bases.roflbot.wigflip.com//0/J/H1Kpendr10.jpg GSDX settings http://bases.roflbot.wigflip.com//D/N/0g36ZnUckA.jpg speedhacks settings
@willkuer Thanks for the information, it really helped with my ignorance about the whole thing. I didn't realize that it took so much power to do this sort of thing. I just thought that since Tak was one of the earlier titles(2003), that it would run pretty smoothly. Guess I should start looking for a new motherboard and cpu.
Use d3d11 (hardware mode) in the video renderer and uncheck options like hwhacks, fxaa. And, enable mtvu hack in speedhacks section.
- Refraction
@ssakash Dude! It's getting constant 60 fps. Thanks a ton.