Too lag trying to run any game
I'm having difficulties trying to run games on the emulator.
I tried first Burnout Revenge and really lagged so much. But then i thinked "Maybe is my trash pc that can't run"
Then i tried GTA Vice City that in PC Version it runs fine. But it lags so much on the emulator.
Gonna show my specs. 

Processor

Intel® Celeron® CPU N2830 @ 2.16GHz

Video Card

Intel® HD Graphics

RAM

4.0 GB

Operating System

Microsoft Windows 10 (build 17763), 64-bit

Yeah i know it's trash, but still need some help.

Sponsored links

Emulation is nowhere near a native PC game in terms of system requirements. A Celeron is not going to emulate a PS2 game, and there's not really much else to say about it. Those processors are just not built for single threaded power. At all.
(03-12-2019, 04:24 AM)pandubz Wrote: Emulation is nowhere near a native PC game in terms of system requirements. A Celeron is not going to emulate a PS2 game, and there's not really much else to say about it. Those processors are just not built for single threaded power. At all.

I guess i'm done then.
I really need a new PC.
Can you give me some spec that would support emulation?
Some general recommendations tailored for PCSX2:
  • CPU with a Single Threaded Rating >= 2000. This will handle most games. A small number of games (e.g. Jak, Sly, Ratchet and Clank) are very intense, and you might still get minor but livable hitches. When I say Single Threaded Rating, I am referring to a statistic used over on https://cpubenchmark.net, which is a fairly popular site to consult for CPU benchmarks.
  • GPU. People around here seem to have fallen in love with the GTX 1050 Ti. It's a respectable GPU and will handle a 2x or 3x upscale nicely but may start to be inadequate if you want to use additional graphics enhancements. As a rule of thumb, you can look on https://videocardbenchmark.net for a GPU that has an equivalent or higher overall rating. General word of warning, avoid AMD GPUs. AMD has failed to properly support OpenGL (our most accurate renderer backend) for some time now, and almost universally OpenGL on an AMD GPU will run at a fraction of the speed that an Nvidia GPU can run it at.
  • Memory. PCSX2 typically won't use more than 2 GB on its own. That said, any modern PC worth a damn should have at least 8 GB. Modern Windows can run on 4 GB, but it can honestly become painful. So I guess this is less a PCSX2 requirement and just a life pro tip from a guy who has been using Windows 10 on an old Microsoft Surface with 4 GB of RAM for the last three years (it sucks). Try to get a higher memory frequency if possible (and reasonably priced), and remember that two 4 GB sticks in dual channel configuration will be faster than a single 8 GB stick.
  • Storage device: Agnostic. PCSX2, if playing on dumped ISOs, will run full speed off of a clunky 5400 RPM HDD, a fresh Samsung SSD, doesn't matter. Pick your storage device as you see fit for your own personal use.
(03-12-2019, 05:08 AM)pandubz Wrote: Some general recommendations tailored for PCSX2:
  • CPU with a Single Threaded Rating >= 2000. This will handle most games. A small number of games (e.g. Jak, Sly, Ratchet and Clank) are very intense, and you might still get minor but livable hitches. When I say Single Threaded Rating, I am referring to a statistic used over on https://cpubenchmark.net, which is a fairly popular site to consult for CPU benchmarks.
  • GPU. People around here seem to have fallen in love with the GTX 1050 Ti. It's a respectable GPU and will handle a 2x or 3x upscale nicely but may start to be inadequate if you want to use additional graphics enhancements. As a rule of thumb, you can look on https://videocardbenchmark.net for a GPU that has an equivalent or higher overall rating. General word of warning, avoid AMD GPUs. AMD has failed to properly support OpenGL (our most accurate renderer backend) for some time now, and almost universally OpenGL on an AMD GPU will run at a fraction of the speed that an Nvidia GPU can run it at.
  • Memory. PCSX2 typically won't use more than 2 GB on its own. That said, any modern PC worth a damn should have at least 8 GB. Modern Windows can run on 4 GB, but it can honestly become painful. So I guess this is less a PCSX2 requirement and just a life pro tip from a guy who has been using Windows 10 on an old Microsoft Surface with 4 GB of RAM for the last three years (it sucks). Try to get a higher memory frequency if possible (and reasonably priced), and remember that two 4 GB sticks in dual channel configuration will be faster than a single 8 GB stick.
  • Storage device: Agnostic. PCSX2, if playing on dumped ISOs, will run full speed off of a clunky 5400 RPM HDD, a fresh Samsung SSD, doesn't matter. Pick your storage device as you see fit for your own personal use.

Thx for the tips. I'm stuck with this obsolete computer since 2014. And this year it's actually very possible that i buy a new one cuz i can't go with this pc anymore.
It also comes down to mobility. If you can do with a desktop at your home, then building one for your own is the best option to reduce cost. If you really want to go to the extra mileage for portability, then you can look for a gaming laptop. Be warned as it has bad battery life and your speed is capped in battery mode.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!