Touching the analog stick causes continuous input when the mapped to buttons
Hi,

This is for the latest PCSX2 nightly as of 12/26/2022 at 1AM EST. This occurs when I remap an Xbox One controller's physical analog sticks to the shoulder and D-pad buttons in the emulator. If I touch the analog stick once the input is repeated continuously. The deadzone setting doesn't help, neither in the PCSX2 input settings with input directly from the controller using xinput nor through steam controller settings as an intermediary. Clearing the input mapping, which stops input from the controller, doesn't stop it either, so I'm sure it's not related to any input or drift from the controller. PCSX2 or the input plugin are repeating the input for some reason. The only thing that will stop the continuous input is remapping the buttons to the corresponding buttons on the controller and then tapping the button once, this stops the continuous input. 

Any clues on what's going on? I vaguely recall having a similar issue with a PS1 emulator a long time ago but I don't remember how I solved it, maybe by using an emulator specific plugin for that emulator, which isn't applicable here.

Sponsored links

what if you close steam ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-26-2022, 08:52 AM)jesalvein Wrote: what if you close steam ?

No difference with or without steam. I worked around the problem by binding the buttons to keyboard keys and using input remapping software, antimicrox, to map my controller's analog stick to the keys. But it seems like this is a bug.