Tourist Trophy: Freezing & Crash on Certain Race: Trap exception at 0x80000380
Tourist Trophy is a motorcycle racing game. Much like the Gran Turismo series. Tourist Trophy runs on the same engine as GT 4 (Gran Turismo 4).

I have a problem with the loading of certain races, it freezes and crashes. In particular, the licence school races. I have no trouble in the first one, I have fixed the bug where the bike spawns in the grass and fixed the rest. But, the last one, the graduation race, for some reason always crashes.

I have tried everything. Different EE/IOP and VU settings; clamping on normal, extra etc. I have tried chaging the resolution, using speedhacks, disabling ''automatic gamefixes''. None of them work. I've tried more stuff too, but to no avail.

When it crashes I see this line in the log;
Trap exception at 0x80000380

I get only that in the log and nothing else, immediately after the crash/freeze. The freeze is on the loadscreen and sometimes it completely crashes, but it usually freezes. The bufffering symbol stops and loading stops. I don't know what causes this. The rest of the game is perfect. But I need to get this fixed to progress in the game.

Thanks for Reading, hope you guys can help Laugh

My Specs;
CPU: Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20Ghz (4 CPUs), -3.2Ghz
GPU: MSI 280X Gaming R9 3G; Radeon R9 280X
MOBO: Gigabye Z97P-D3
RAM: 8GB

Thanks Again Laugh

Sponsored links

Try playing the game with the original cd and check for the issue.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Thanks for replying Laugh

Used my disc only and didn't mount it or anything, no extracting, just the original game disc.

Still getting this error in the log;

Anyone know how to solve it?

Thanks Laugh
(04-04-2015, 04:22 AM)ssakash Wrote: Try playing the game with the original cd and check for the issue.

Thanks for replying Laugh

Used my disc only and didn't mount it or anything, no extracting, just the original game disc.

Still getting this error in the log;

Anyone know how to solve it?

Thanks Laugh
unfortunately, according to the Wiki the licenses of this game is not playable. you would probably have to wait until some PCSX2 developer manages to fix it. Sorry, the only viable solution is to play on your PS2.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction