Trouble getting pressure sensitivity to work
Hello,

I'm a new user so I don't know much. I've been trying to get pressure sensitivity to work on my PS2 controller while using PCSX2 but to no avail. I'm using version 0.9.7.3876m with LilyPad 0.10.0.

When I go to DX Twin USB Joystick and Test Device pressing cross, square, circle, triangle all bring up 1.0 and not a decimal, which I presume means pressure sensitivity isn't working. I'm using USB Super Convertor for PsX Controller and USB Connect as my PS2 controller adapter.

I have searched for quite some time and tried various things to get this to work but have not been able to so now I come for some specific advice and instruction. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I'll be around to provide any more information you may need.

Thank you for your time.

Sponsored links

Its because windows does not support pressure sensitivity at all its either pressed or not. To work around this you would have to set a key to a specific sensitivity for example have(if on a keyboard) Z for regular button press and X for say 50%.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
(12-03-2010, 10:10 PM)GamerGeek Wrote: Its because windows does not support pressure sensitivity at all its either pressed or not. To work around this you would have to set a key to a specific sensitivity for example have(if on a keyboard) Z for regular button press and X for say 50%.

That is most disappointing. When I look under the Lilypad thread he mentions pressure sensitivity and capabilities for that with it. Is that just there for non windows users? Thanks again for your help.
Well no its for windows as well but as I said you would need to configure it for diffrent keys. Which is kind of annoying. In lilypad you just bind lets say the Cross(X) button to Z and X and then leave the Z as default and adjust the sensitivity slider for X. Ofcourse in a game where this kind of pressure sensitivity is very important and frequent its almost impossible to play since you would need several keybindings for every button.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb