Trouble in FFX
Hello all,

Im currently playing FFX... but everytime I star a game after the cinematics and everything the games runs perfect constant 60 fps but the minute I get my sword and the cutscene with auron starts my emulator crashes... Ive tried many different settings here are my specs :

nforce 750i FTW mobo, E8400 cpu, 8 gigs DDR2 corsair ram, GTX 280 superclocked. Im using SVN 377 with the latest plugins. Does anyone ahve this problem? how do I progress beyond this point?

Sponsored links

It doesn't crashes for me in PCSX2r377. Something wrong with your settings. Try to disable all speedhacks.
same here it does not crushes on my any pcsx2 version.
try running the real game disc via Peops CDVD plug-in. instead running in a ISO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvo4bz_0OcE
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(02-15-2009, 08:29 AM)tallbender Wrote: same here it does not crushes on my any pcsx2 version.
try running the real game disc via Peops CDVD plug-in. instead running in a ISO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvo4bz_0OcE

Ok I see... I have tho original disc but the games runs twice as slow on disc than on iso. Its exactly that part of the game where it crashes just before the FMV... I tried running it throught the disc it works but whenever I save a state or a legit save thru the memory card, the game wont reload... so people who finished the game must of ran it thru the dvd the hole time? I dont get why this issue isnt resolved on iso. My save state is right before the fmv. Sucks I cant continue this game cuz I get constant 60 fps. All my other games work fine (Dragon Quest 8 and FFXII) I miss FFX and wanted to play it through my PC with save states... Oh well Ill keep you guys up to date with my progress.
hmm still not working.... Ive treid almost every solution still the same crash at the same place... I deactivated everything (speedhacks etc) hope there gonna fix this in the next version
Can You recommend settings for FFX for me? I saw that people get here solid 60fps, I get like 40-65 with the limit settings on ZeroGS, on gsdx with dx9 on winxp I've got much slowdown. Sound is also crappy, it does not sound like PS2, but like a midi, missing reverb things and some music parts and what's the difference beetween TLB and VM versions?
CPU: Amd Phenom 9550+ [Quad Core, 64bit]
RAM: 2x2 GB OCZ 800
GFX: ATI Radeon HD 4670 [DX10.1]
Mainboard: Gigabyta GA-MA790X
DX10
Use the latest PCSX2 beta: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
Delete the old INI file in case it conflicts (/ini/pcsx2.ini or /pcsx2pg.ini)
Use the latest GSdx posted at our site,AFTER updating your DirectX with the web updater: http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-E...ller.shtml
If you still get low speeds,try some speedhacks.
TLB and VM issues have both been replaced with VTLB nowaways

No SPU2 plugin supports reverb yet,but there is one in the works that does support it.It will be released soon
[Image: newsig.jpg]
still slow. ZeroGS 0.97 is much faster usually around 58-65fps, but sometimes it gets 40 for whole rendered scene. Without speedhacks 40. Almost same as Gsdx newest, but to gsdx speedhacks don't changes much.
CPU: Amd Phenom 9550+ [Quad Core, 64bit]
RAM: 2x2 GB OCZ 800
GFX: ATI Radeon HD 4670 [DX10.1]
Mainboard: Gigabyta GA-MA790X
DX10
Arggg its not the speed here thats the problem read the thread. I get 60 fps.... Its the damn bug where I cant go any further when Auron Says : Look and the FMV starts I cant even go past that part ive tried everything the emulator just quits.... I have good hardware : nforce 750i FTW mobo, E8400 cpu, 8 gigs DDR2 corsair ram, GTX 280 superclocked vista ultimate X64. Im using SVN 377 and up with the latest plugins. And I still cant get past that point of the game wich is the absolute beginning. I used to be able to run my PS2 games with the DX10 plugin now the emulator wont even stat with DX10 even after flushing every ini file. Can someone tell me why I cant get past this point of the game... all my other games run fine. Even with the original DVD it stop right there... It used to work with the DVD running directly but saving a game and reloading it just crashes the emulator both with save states and legit saved game thru the mem card.
Try a different iso plugin. I'm running the an iso of FFX just fine.
AMD Phenom II x6 at 3.2GHZ and 3.6ghz Turbo core (works great for PCSX2)
8 GB of DDR3 RAM 1600
Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1GB
Onborad sound. (Realteck HD Audio)
C:\ - 1TB - D:\ 500GB