Troubles with SRW games
Just to start things off I should mention that I'm not what one would call "well versed" in the workings of this emulator ha ha That being said, I recently loaded my Super Robot Wars Original Generations and Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 Iso's with pcsx2 9.7. What I can't seem to iron out is the fact that in-game fps will range from 34 fps on the grid map (overhead view where one selects units etc.) to 52-42 fps during battle animations, and to 59-60 fps within menus. Coincidentally I raised the EE cycle rate per someone's suggestion. In doing so it raises the fps on menus only, and has no effect on the grid map view or battle animations. Speed hacks have no effect, nor any other Emulation Setting this idiot has tried ha ha Hence my need to humbly ask the undoubtedly wiser folk within these forums. Any light shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

And to answer any questions in regards to my system specs, they are as follows:
OS- Windows 7 64-bit Processor- Intel Core 2 Duo T7100 1.80 Ghz System Ram- 2 GB DDR2 Video Card- Nvidia Quadro NVS 140M w/ 128MB dedicated Ram
Granted I have the same problems I previously mentioned with both respective games on another system. Which retains the same specs short of a marginally faster processor (still within the Core 2 duo line) graphics card (will list if requested) and system Ram (4 GB DDR3)

Sponsored links

Your cpu is has a low clock speed. You could try overclocking it and ticking native on gsdx
My PS2 Resurrected:
AMD Phenom II x4 oc 3.4ghz
GTX 560 1gb
Western Digital 300gb hdd
4gb ddr800 kingston ram
Asrock N68-S Motherboard
SRW-OG is slow on DX10 try DX9 renderer instead...meanwhile SRWA3 is the only game to run smoothly on pcsx2 on both DX9 and 10 even your CPU is 1.8Ghz....best to play that 1st than OG....
if you still have problems on slowdowns tick "native" in the GSdx settings..
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
I have been running Dx9 versus 10 thus far, and I clicked native resolution off the bat ha ha Neither of which assist in speeding up fps on anything outside menu screens. And ironically both Dx9&10 seem to work just as well as the other for me on both games. As for overclocking, never have and never will ha ha I would much rather grab a new processor which I intend to do.

And on that note, any suggestions? I've been told an i7 will do nicely in regards to this emulator. Specifically a 900 series i7. Moreso, a person I know running one of that lot reportedly runs OGs just fine. Not sure how legitimate that claim is however ha ha

Thanks for the prompt advise by the way, right nice of you both
The funny thing is, SRW @3 was running perfectly for me, until it made my computer straight crash (0.9.7). Now I have MrHooch's problem. It's very strange. MX chugs hardcore except it (and @3 if I'm lucky) goes back up to 60 FPS during battle animations.

Windows 7 Premium x64
Intel i7-720QM (1.6 GHZ)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730
4GB DDR3
320 GB Hdd
Hi, i tried to play SRW OGS and SRW OG Gaiden. But after I choose the character (OGS), the screen goes all black and dont change anything.
I would like to know what are the best configuration to solve this problem.

My system requirements:

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 BIT(Bootcamp by MacPro)
Intel i7 2.6 gHz
Geforce GT 330M (512)
4 GB RAM.
(07-09-2010, 03:25 AM)GKJG Wrote: The funny thing is, SRW @3 was running perfectly for me, until it made my computer straight crash (0.9.7). Now I have MrHooch's problem. It's very strange. MX chugs hardcore except it (and @3 if I'm lucky) goes back up to 60 FPS during battle animations.

Windows 7 Premium x64
Intel i7-720QM (1.6 GHZ)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730
4GB DDR3
320 GB Hdd
^
^
MX series one of the difficult one to emulate in pcsx2.

(10-22-2010, 05:21 AM)barrika Wrote: Hi, i tried to play SRW OGS and SRW OG Gaiden. But after I choose the character (OGS), the screen goes all black and dont change anything.
I would like to know what are the best configuration to solve this problem.

My system requirements:

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 BIT(Bootcamp by MacPro)
Intel i7 2.6 gHz
Geforce GT 330M (512)
4 GB RAM.
^
^
highly-possible it's a bad ISO...re-dump it using IMGburn or read-it directly using your game disc though the hardware DVD-drive.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
It's strange man, because both of them worked on my PC (Core2Duo, Windows XP, GeForce 8400). And i just copied the same IMG from PC.