True Crime - Streets of L.A. [SLES 51754] (E)
status=4;
version=1.7.0;
console=PS2;
crc=6B9AEA0D;
img_t=empty;
img_f=empty;
wikiurl=Link;
Code:
empty
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

1)Game title: True Crime: Streets of L.A.
2)ELF name: SLES_517.54
3)Game CRC: 0x6B9AEA0D
4)Compatibility report:

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.20Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 650

Build Description: PCSX2 1.1.0.5618
Plugins:
GS: GSdx 5618 0.1.16 (SSE41)
PAD: LilyPad svn 0.11.0
SPU2: SPU2-X r5559 2.0.0
CDVD: cdvdGigaherz (r4503) 0.8.0
USB/FW/DEV9: All Null Driver

BIOS Used: Europe v02.00(14/06/2004) Console

EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal
EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Chop

Speedhacks Used:
INTC, Wait Loop Detection, microVU and MTVU

Gamefixes Used:
Nothing

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game):
Little

Comments:
You need software mode to see intro screens. Needs superVU recompiler to be able to move on the menus or PCSX2 will freeze requiring to be killed from task manager. Even if you are able to browse menus, game will freeze after like 5 or 6 seconds and console shows lots of (EEpc:00277D98) TBL Miss errors. You can eject the memcard on 1st slot skipping the profile creation and get to the loading screen, but it will crash PCSX2 before going ingame.

Bugs:
Freezes on the menus after 6 seconds, if you manage to skip the profile creation part, it crashes PCSX2 on loading screen going ingame.

Status
Menus

1)Game title-True Crime - Streets of L.A.
2)ELF nameWackoLES 51754
3)Game CRC-6B9AEA0D
Compatibility report:

PC Specs:

CPU: I5 3330
GPU: HD radeon 6850

Build Description: PCSX2 1.3 Git 28 of May Release Pack - Windows
If other please specify: N/A

BIOS Used: USA v02.20(10/02/2006) Console

Speedhacks Used:
Standard Speedhackers

Gamefixes Used:

Medium

Comments:

Bugs:Hangs on menu.(No crashs)

Status

Menus
1)Game title-True Crime - Streets of L.A.
2)ELF nameWackoLES 51754
3)Game CRC-6B9AEA0D
Compatibility report:

PC Specs:

CPU: I5 3330
GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7970

Build Description: 1.3.GIT-567-g270fc13 2014-09-08 Release Pack - Windows

Speedhacks Used:
Standard Speedhackers

Gamefixes Used:

Medium

Comments:

Bugs:Hangs on menu.(No crashs)

Status

Menus
PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @ 3.5 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB)

Build Description: PCSX2 1.5.0-20180323133834

BIOS Used: Europe v02.00(14/06/2004) Console

GSdx Settings: OpenGL Software, Native, High Blending Accuracy, Bilinear (PS2) Texture Filtering

GSdx HW Hacks: None

Speedhacks Used:
Recommended

Gamefixes Used:
Automatic Game Fixes

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game): medium

Comments:
Status is unchanged. Can't get to in-game.

Bugs:
Crashes shortly after entering the menus with some "TLB Miss" errors.

Menus
PC Specs:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Build Description: PCSX2 V1.7.0-dev-767

GSdx Settings: OpenGL, Binilear (PS2), 3x Native, Basic Blending Accuracy,

GSdx HW Hacks:

Speedhacks Used:

N/A

GameFixes Used: Assumed to be automatic. Change if you are doing manual gamefixes

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game): medium

Comments:

other than the hard crash it plays great.

Bugs:

the emualator eventually locked up and hardcrashed back to desktop.

C:\BuildAgent\work\76cd4fe97f2b8d5a\pcsx2\FiFo.cpp(48) : assertion failed:
    Function:  ReadFIFO_VIF1
    Thread:    EE Core
    Condition: vif1Regs.stat.FQC != 0

Stacktrace:
[00] 0x00B5329D                                 
[01] 0x00B9613D                                 
[02] 0x00B9613D                                 
[03] 0x00B93B07                                 
[04] NvOptimusEnablement                       
[05] 0x00ED6AF0                                 
[06] 0x00CFB551                                 
[07] 0x011685F5                                 
[08] 0x011684B9                                 
[09] 0x011682F4                                 
[10] 0x0116832D                                 
[11] o_iswdigit                                 
[12] BaseThreadInitThunk                       
[13] RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath         
[14] RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath         

Status
Ingame
CPU: Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080

Build Description: PCSX2 1.7.0-dev-1225-g56329273ce

BIOS Used: EU v02.00

GSdx Settings: D3D11 & OpenGL, Binilear (PS2), 3x Native, Basic (and up) Blending Accuracy.

GSdx HW Hacks: None required*

Speedhacks Used: All appear to be safe to use (including MTVU).
GameFixes Used: Nothing custom.

Amount of testing done: Little gameplay testing, fair bit of graphical testing.

Comments: The game runs fairly well without too many slowdowns. Occasional dips depending on camera angle and scene busyness. No errors of any kind noted in the logs. SW rendering is fairly fast, about 2/3 the speed of HW rendering or so.

Bugs: Spotted a few graphical glitches:

1) Concerns the lens flare effects, they bleed through geometry. This behavior does not persist in SW rendering. Cannot fix it in any way in HW rendering through speedhacks, clamp/round modes for EE/VU, or any GSdx settings of any kind. Can be removed with skipdraw = 3.

2) Concerns the background sky texture (filter?). In SW rendering, it hues the background an appropriate color based on sun position and is mostly "static" until you turn the camera towards the sun source. In HW rendering, this effect disappears completely if you're not looking toward the sun source. It also clips oddly through buildings, to a lesser effect in SW mode (which isn't clear if it's emulation error). Like the previous effect, cannot be fixed in any way through a setting. Can be removed with skipdraw = 2.

3) Concerns the road name signs and car plates displaying improper textures. The former are gray, and the later flash with random trash colors. When a road name sign is in view of the camera, its actual texture flashes occasionally on it, but most of the time it's blended into the car plate sign, and part of the background view is also blended into that. Cannot be fixed by any setting, and is unclear if skipdraw would help here.

Besides these matters, the game appears to run fine. Further discussion and testing however shows that the game does something weird which causes catastrophic crashes that could well take out the whole emulator. It is PLAYABLE, so long as one saves often and restarts from said save every 30-45 minutes, just in case.

Due to having to take this into account though, I shall confirm that this is, at present,

Status
INGAME
(05-04-2021, 01:14 AM)Coornio Wrote: CPU: Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080

Build Description: PCSX2 1.7.0-dev-1225-g56329273ce

BIOS Used: EU v02.00

GSdx Settings: D3D11 & OpenGL, Binilear (PS2), 3x Native, Basic (and up) Blending Accuracy.

GSdx HW Hacks: None required*

Speedhacks Used: All appear to be safe to use (including MTVU).
GameFixes Used: Nothing custom.

Amount of testing done: Little gameplay testing, fair bit of graphical testing.

Comments: The game runs fairly well without too many slowdowns. Occasional dips depending on camera angle and scene busyness. No errors of any kind noted in the logs. SW rendering is fairly fast, about 2/3 the speed of HW rendering or so.

Bugs: Spotted a few graphical glitches:

1) Concerns the lens flare effects, they bleed through geometry. This behavior does not persist in SW rendering. Cannot fix it in any way in HW rendering through speedhacks, clamp/round modes for EE/VU, or any GSdx settings of any kind. Can be removed with skipdraw = 3.

2) Concerns the background sky texture (filter?). In SW rendering, it hues the background an appropriate color based on sun position and is mostly "static" until you turn the camera towards the sun source. In HW rendering, this effect disappears completely if you're not looking toward the sun source. It also clips oddly through buildings, to a lesser effect in SW mode (which isn't clear if it's emulation error). Like the previous effect, cannot be fixed in any way through a setting. Can be removed with skipdraw = 2.

3) Concerns the road name signs and car plates displaying improper textures. The former are gray, and the later flash with random trash colors. When a road name sign is in view of the camera, its actual texture flashes occasionally on it, but most of the time it's blended into the car plate sign, and part of the background view is also blended into that. Cannot be fixed by any setting, and is unclear if skipdraw would help here.

Besides these matters, the game appears to run fine. Barring any random crashes as described in the past, I consider this..

Status
PLAYABLE

The crashes means it's not playable yet
(05-04-2021, 01:16 AM)Seta-Sa Wrote: The crashes means it's not playable yet

Considering the reported crash(es) make no mention of how they could potentially be reproduced (semi) reliably aside from "happens at some point randomly", I cannot assume that the game is not playable.

It's been over 500 revisions since your last review, and a lot of things have changed. If you have more information on when/where/how said crash happens in the past, I could progress the game further to reach the point in question and verify whether it happens to me as well, or if it's no longer present.

At present, for all I know, the crash you described might well have been a one-off nvidia driver crash and nothing else.
(05-04-2021, 03:09 AM)Coornio Wrote: Considering the reported crash(es) make no mention of how they could potentially be reproduced (semi) reliably aside from "happens at some point randomly", I cannot assume that the game is not playable.

It's been over 500 revisions since your last review, and a lot of things have changed. If you have more information on when/where/how said crash happens in the past, I could progress the game further to reach the point in question and verify whether it happens to me as well, or if it's no longer present.

There's been no changes that would affect this yet