True Crime - Streets of L.A. (U)
Im a noob at this but how exactly do we get into the game without it freezing in the main menu? I've been wanting to play this game for literally more than a decade. Please help.

Sponsored links

(01-09-2020, 11:19 PM)phlowjaxx Wrote: Im a noob at this but how exactly do we get into the game without it freezing in the main menu? I've been wanting to play this game for literally more than a decade. Please help.
the compatibility list says it's not working.
phlowjaxx Wrote:Im a noob at this but how exactly do we get into the game without it freezing in the main menu? I've been wanting to play this game for literally more than a decade. Please help.
Try the latest pcsx2 1.5 development build and run the game in opengl software mode. True crime has 2 series; new York city and street of L.A. Either one will work.
L.A. is patched now in recent dev builds thanks to the DobieStation developer
(01-11-2020, 11:02 PM)CK1 Wrote: L.A. is patched now in recent dev builds thanks to the DobieStation developer
I updated my settings on the wiki. It is in game, 60fps and has not froze on me at all. Currently on episode 3 mission 2 and counting.

https://wiki.pcsx2.net/True_Crime:_Streets_of_LA
Windows 10 x64
RAM: 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB
CPU:  i7-8700k CPU @ 4.8 GHz
Cooler: H100i GTX
Video: GTX 1080 1080 SEA HAWK X
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
HDD/SSD: Samsung 970 PRO NVMe Series 1TB M.2 PCI-E
                Seagate BarraCuda Pro 8TB
                Intel Optane Memory Module 32 GB PCIe M.2 - Used on the Seagate
(01-15-2020, 01:04 PM)Masheen Wrote: I updated my settings on the wiki. It is in game, 60fps and has not froze on me at all. Currently on episode 3 mission 2 and counting.

https://wiki.pcsx2.net/True_Crime:_Streets_of_LA

Hi, I am using the same build as you and used your settings that you posted on wiki, but Im only getting 30fps gameplay (even though PCSX2 states 60fps at the top), is a hack needed for actual 60fps? also are you getting flickering number plates on cars like I am? any help would be appreciated
(01-28-2020, 09:11 AM)rudiano Wrote: Hi, I am using the same build as you and used your settings that you posted on wiki, but Im only getting 30fps gameplay (even though PCSX2 states 60fps at the top), is a hack needed for actual 60fps? also are you getting flickering number plates on cars like I am? any help would be appreciated
I'll run some further tests and see. It could be the game is hard coded to 30 but not sure.
Windows 10 x64
RAM: 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB
CPU:  i7-8700k CPU @ 4.8 GHz
Cooler: H100i GTX
Video: GTX 1080 1080 SEA HAWK X
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
HDD/SSD: Samsung 970 PRO NVMe Series 1TB M.2 PCI-E
                Seagate BarraCuda Pro 8TB
                Intel Optane Memory Module 32 GB PCIe M.2 - Used on the Seagate
Try to Disable MTVU to fix flickering number plates. Apparently, this game doesn't like it.
(01-28-2020, 12:28 PM)GoneAyywire Wrote: Try to Disable MTVU to fix flickering number plates. Apparently, this game doesn't like it.
MTVU was already disabled, the flickering plates stops in Software mode, but the game just looks ugly playing it in that mode
(01-28-2020, 10:59 PM)rudiano Wrote: MTVU was already disabled, the flickering plates stops in Software mode, but the game just looks ugly playing it in that mode
Enabling preload frame data fixes it somewhat in HW mode.