True Crime - Streets of LA !?
Hellue,

Iam confused... 

In a nutshell, this game runs near perfect on pcsx2 stable release 1.6.0!  No slowdowns, 100% emu speed.. all the way..
Have completed many mission so far without an issue.

The game is an nice mix of kungfu master, maxpayne & GTA series combined in one Laugh

Now, the game can't get even past the menu title screen using the nightly builds , much less start the story Wacko Blink !! 
First it slows down to litterally 1FPS and then hang up ! !
Iam shocked and appalled  Blink !! 

How is that even possibruu ?

Iam using SSE4 QT builds, since my cpu doesn't support AVX2 instruction set... 

So, is this game currently still unplayable on nightly builds Blink ?

cheers,
Duck
Desktop Specs:

Mobo: Sabretooth FX990 r2.0
CPU: FX-8350@4700Mhz
RAM: PC15000 / 16GB
GPU: Asus AMD RX6600 / 8GB
SSD: Samsung Evo 850 pro

Sponsored links

disable the second controller type in the controller setup (change it from dualshock to none), then run the game and it'll be fine.

or it might be change it from none to dualshock, I forget. Either or, one of those "fixes" it, I have no idea why.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-15-2022, 10:14 AM)refraction Wrote: disable the second controller type in the controller setup (change it from dualshock to none), then run the game and it'll be fine.

or it might be change it from none to dualshock, I forget. Either or, one of those "fixes" it, I have no idea why.

You're my Hero refraction Biggrin 

It wos the latter that fixed the issue Rolleyes .
My controller config wos set to non-connected, and that exactly caused it !!
And as soon i enabled the 2nd controller, the game run just fine Rolleyes  

I think i never would have thought in an zilion years that an controller setting in pcsx2 would cause so much mayhem ingame Huh !!!
Good to know, that an trivial controller scheme can pretty much make or BREAK an game too Blink Wacko

Happy to get this game to work in nightly build, because the graphics are realy so much better (crisp & clean) than on the stable release i must say Happy

much obliged refraction Happy 

Btw, any luck with the GSdumps regarding BO2 ?

Update 1:

You probebly are aware of the random crashes in this game ..
But is there some setting i can change in pscx2 that will remedie that? 
Or is this the kind of error that only the deverlopers task team can fix Cool ?

This ↓ is the error code

[Image: error.png]

take care,

TD,
Desktop Specs:

(12-15-2022, 07:29 PM)ToiletDuck Wrote: You're my Hero refraction Biggrin 

It wos the latter that fixed the issue Rolleyes .
My controller config wos set to non-connected, and that exactly caused it !!
And as soon i enabled the 2nd controller, the game run just fine Rolleyes  

I think i never would have thought in an zilion years that an controller setting in pcsx2 would cause so much mayhem ingame Huh !!!
Good to know, that an trivial controller scheme can pretty much make or BREAK an game too Blink Wacko

Happy to get this game to work in nightly build, because the graphics are realy so much better (crisp & clean) than on the stable release i must say Happy

much obliged refraction Happy 

Btw, any luck with the GSdumps regarding BO2 ?

Update 1:

You probebly are aware of the random crashes in this game ..
But is there some setting i can change in pscx2 that will remedie that? 
Or is this the kind of error that only the deverlopers task team can fix Cool ?

This ↓ is the error code

[Image: error.png]

take care,

TD,
This error cannot be corrected. The game will still freeze anyway and it will be fixed in the future, so sorry, but the developers are trying to fix serious problems.
CPU: Intel® Pentium® CPU G2030 @ 3.00GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 @ 2 GB
RAM: 12 GB DDR3
(12-16-2022, 01:32 PM)Chern40_7 Wrote: This error cannot be corrected.  The game will still freeze anyway and it will be fixed in the future, so sorry, but the developers are trying to fix serious problems.

I see...

Well i can tell you that the crash ocured during the initial missions at the start of an new game while doing side quests.

After mission 3 or 4 i think, no more crashes.  And i have played for an few hours after mission 3.

I don't feel bad about it, there's still the save state feature to save anywhere fortunately  Rolleyes

Most important thing of emulating is the 100% speed, 100% completion of the game and last but not least graphics in my opinion  Closedeyes

Cheers,
TD
Desktop Specs:

(12-16-2022, 02:49 PM)ToiletDuck Wrote: I see...

Well i can tell you that the crash ocured during the initial missions at the start of an new game while doing side quests.

After mission 3 or 4 i think, no more crashes.  And i have played for an few hours after mission 3.

I don't feel bad about it, there's still the save state feature to save anywhere fortunately  Rolleyes

Most important thing of emulating is the 100% speed, 100% completion of the game and last but not least graphics in my opinion  Closedeyes

Cheers,
TD
Even in older versions of the emulator, for example, in 1.1.0, there was a hang in the main menu with TLB Miss messages, and then this was fixed.
(12-17-2022, 11:43 AM)Chern40_7 Wrote: Even in older versions of the emulator, for example, in 1.1.0, there was a hang in the main menu with TLB Miss messages, and then this was fixed.

appearantly, it still hasn't been fixed completely i guess. 

Since i had to enable controller 2, to get past the title screen and start the game Huh !?

Never had issues with other games because of an 2nd "controller scheme" being disabled . 
That work arround/fix for this game realy surprised me Blink .  Who would have guess an trivial controller setup would break an game that much !!

I know, refraction did Laugh . Just saying, odd setting to mess up an entire game from the start Blink !!

cheers,
TD
Desktop Specs:

(12-17-2022, 06:21 PM)ToiletDuck Wrote: appearantly, it still hasn't been fixed completely i guess. 

Since i had to enable controller 2, to get past the title screen and start the game Huh !?

Never had issues with other games because of an 2nd "controller scheme" being disabled . 
That work arround/fix for this game realy surprised me Blink .  Who would have guess an trivial controller setup would break an game that much !!

I know, refraction did Laugh . Just saying, odd setting to mess up an entire game from the start Blink !!

cheers,
TD

If you notice any bug in other games, please let know.