Trying to activate cheats, but it crashes.
I'm attemping to play 18 Wheeler American Pro Trucker with the cheat that freezes the timer, but I'm having a lot of trouble.

This is a completely new area for me (I've never used a gameshark/equivalent before), and after a lot of mucking around, I maganed to get the cheats set up, and in the right place, and, upon pressing Boot CDVD (fast) (I'm playing using a disk), PCSX2 crashes.

I'm using the PAL version of the game, and I've gotten the 31166896.pnach file set up like this:

gametitle=18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker [PAL-M4] (SLES_502.14)
comment=Widescreen Hack by El_Patas

//Gameplay 16:9
patch=1,EE,001D6DDC,word,3C013F40 //3C013F80 (Increases hor. axis)

//Master Code
patch=1,EE,5C890000,extended,08D64F55
patch=1,EE,901F039C,extended,0C080296
patch=1,EE,901ED528,extended,0C07FB0E

//Extra Time
patch=1,EE,2CB9DECC,extended,1CDE5E67

I got these codes from ps2-home . com (google the number.pnach and the page comes up). And, yes, these codes have already been converted.

I would like to know what I've done wrong. Again, I'm trying my best, but I don't really understand as it's all new.

The .pnach file is in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2/cheats_ws.zip
C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2/cheats
C:\Users\******\Documents\PCSX2\cheats

I don't know what the C:\Users\******\Documents\PCSX2\cheats_ws file is so I kept that empty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance Smile

Sponsored links

it's highly possible using the freeze timer cheat will cause problems if you use it with another cheat

I suggest you just keep the freeze timer cheats and disable everything else. (especially master code. it's not needed)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
You said the codes is already decrypted/converted, but:

Code:
//Extra Time

Why did you re-encrypt it again? Or is it another code?
And PCSX2 doesn't need any master codes, so delete those as well.

Anyway, according to the source where you found the codes, the correct one would be:

Code:
//Freeze The Timer
patch=1,EE,203061F4,extended,00001184
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
(01-29-2021, 11:38 AM)BloodRaynare Wrote: You said the codes is already decrypted/converted, but:

Code:
//Extra Time

Why did you re-encrypt it again? Or is it another code?
And PCSX2 doesn't need any master codes, so delete those as well.

Anyway, according to the source where you found the codes, the correct one would be:

Code:
//Freeze The Timer
patch=1,EE,203061F4,extended,00001184

(01-29-2021, 11:34 AM)jesalvein Wrote: it's highly possible using the freeze timer cheat will cause problems if you use it with another cheat

I suggest you just keep the freeze timer cheats and disable everything else. (especially master code. it's not needed)

Thank you, both of you! It's now working!

To answer your question, yes, I did re-encrypt it again because I'm an idiot and thought I was decrypting it.