Trying to edit PS2 ISOs
So, I'm trying to modify the Grand Theft Auto III ISO (Namely, delete a file within, to see what happens), but the only program that allows me to do this is ImgBurn by copying the ISO contents to a folder, deleting the file, and putting the folder into a new ISO. However, this causes issues with PCSX2. Whenever I try run the resulting ISO, it shows the opening movies, but when the loading screen is supposed to come up, it just stops. It doesn't crash, but it just goes to a black screen and locks. It can't be because a file is missing, as I tried just unpacking and repacking the ISO with ImgBurn without deleting any files, and it still does it. Are there any programs that let me do this? A lot of the programs that let me just delete a file from an ISO require me to pay to save it when it's over so many megabytes, and it's pissing me off.

Sponsored links

Apache can do it, but you'll likely just fux your iso
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Which file are you trying to delete? I've modified the GTA III iso before, but only to replace the main.scm and weapon.dat files. As Nobbs66 said, you can use Apache to edit the ISO without having to make the image again, but deleting a file will probably make it non playable.
We
Usually
Take
All
N*****
Garments
(03-28-2016, 10:09 AM)Rolento Wrote: Which file are you trying to delete? I've modified the GTA III iso before, but only to replace the main.scm and weapon.dat files. As Nobbs66 said, you can use Apache to edit the ISO without having to make the image again, but deleting a file will probably make it non playable.

Apache3 lets me into the ISO, but it won't let me outright delete any of the files. For my experiment, I can't replace it with a blank file, I need the file to be completely gone. Yes, I was already aware that this could potentially make the game unplayable, but that's what I want to test, as I've noticed the PC and Android releases of the game actually have a subroutine to handle it, in the event that the file is missing when read, and I understand it on Android, as you can just go in and delete the files as you please, but on PC, it's on the disc, where you can't delete it. I want to see whether or not the original PS2 version has the handler, or if it'll just fall apart before I share my findings.

EDIT: So, after comparing my recompiled ISO to the stock in Apache, I've noticed things aren't in the same order. I'll try recomiling with Apache and see if I can get that to run.

EDIT2: No dice. Apache says that the New ISO function is still in development (Why even have the button there?!), and when I ran it through ImgBurn in the right order, it still wouldn't bring up the loading screen.
i did have problems with imgburn not making a iso that cant be read by the emu, maybe try using xpert tool, mine did boot but i should tell you, xpert tool only can open ps2 iso, and the tool is extinct so good luck with that
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go