Trying to get Baldur's gate to work.
I am having issues with the video plugin I am using running out of memory and eventually crashing.

I am using the GSdx32 SSE2 plugin. My video card doesn't support the other GS plugins.
I was wondering if the Program uses only my video card memory and if so can I supplement the memory with my pc memory or Pagefile(Virtual memory). If I can can you tell me how to do this.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
You need to use the 4gb patch: http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Still a SSE2-only cpu is highly probably not the strongest one. It could be that the game will not run smoothly in software mode.
And for the 4GB patch you also need more than 4GB RAM.

Therefore (as jesalvein already asked) posting your specs would be a good starting point
^ Note he said it's his video card which doesn't support the other plugins, which is completely erroneous...

So I'm still kinda up in the air on this one.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I would guess he thinks the gs runs on the gpu and that sse2/ssse3/sse4/avx/avx2 are therefore gpu properties.
Also for the 4GB path you DON'T need 4gb+ of ram. The normal limit is 2 so e.g. 3 would be useful. And it's virtual memory, not physical.
I thought 3.x GB would be the limit... but I am not sure.

But if you use virtual memory in sense of pagefile on a hdd I would say you can forget this. I am not sure about pcsx2 but all other programs I use get dramatically slowed down by using the hdd-disk.

Nevertheless your solution is the solution to his problem. I just wanted to add that the observed problem will probably not be last one.
Tried the 4gig patch. It seems to have worked. Now I just need to figure out how to increase frame rate. Wink
Thanks everyone
(10-17-2014, 09:50 AM)Chronus001 Wrote: Tried the 4gig patch. It seems to have worked. Now I just need to figure out how to increase frame rate. Wink
Thanks everyone

again what are your system specs
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]