Trying to get FFX working...
I can't seem to get it to run at all. I haven't tried any other games, so it may be a hardware issue, but whenever I try to start it with CDVD(full), I get a message that says the CDVD plugin was unable to open, and that my computer may have insufficient resources or incompatible hardware.

So, what settings does everyone use to get it working? I have the hack enabled, incase you need to know.

And one more thing: Even if I do get it working, how fast would it go? I'm on a laptop with an AMD Phenom II N930 Quad-Core @ 2Ghz. I know it isn't recommended, but how fast can I expect it to run at? I'm thinking 40+ frames will work fine.

Thanks

Edit: I have the PAL version, if that matters.

Sponsored links

I don't think your hardware should have a problem running FFX. I'm sure you'd usually see that 40fps+ with Speedhacks, assuming your GPU is at least "OK" on native resolution.

Hmm. Where do you have PCSX2 installed? Are you selecting "Iso" under the CDVD menu? What is your GPU?
(03-10-2011, 12:44 AM)Rezard Wrote: I don't think your hardware should have a problem running FFX. I'm sure you'd usually see that 40fps+ with Speedhacks, assuming your GPU is at least "OK" on native resolution.

Hmm. Where do you have PCSX2 installed? Are you selecting "Iso" under the CDVD menu? What is your GPU?
PCSX2 is installed in C:/Program Files(x86). ISO is selected, and my GPU is... ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650, I believe.

Install PCSX2 in a directory you have full rights to. Something like "C:\PCSX2 r3878" would work, but not Program Files or My Documents. Wink

Your GPU is plenty strong for this game. It should handle higher resolution than native, no doubt. If you experiment with the Speedhack settings, you should see as much as 60fps at times.
(03-10-2011, 01:58 AM)Rezard Wrote: Install PCSX2 in a directory you have full rights to. Something like "C:\PCSX2 r3878" would work, but not Program Files or My Documents. Wink

Your GPU is plenty strong for this game. It should handle higher resolution than native, no doubt. If you experiment with the Speedhack settings, you should see as much as 60fps at times.

Thanks, but don't I have full rights there? o_O

EDIT: Tried it, and it worked! Thanks alot. xD
I'm getting a solid 40fps too, this is really great. @_@
Not with the super cool new security features of Windows. Thanks, Microsoft!
Your rig is very good bro, FFX runs great at that computer. I have an Athlon II X2 (2.8Ghz) + HD 4670 and I got 57-60 FPS in Final Fantasy X.
(03-10-2011, 01:58 AM)Rezard Wrote: If you experiment with the Speedhack settings, you should see as much as 60fps at times.

NineSwordz Wrote:Your rig is very good bro, FFX runs great at that computer.

You guy didn't know any basic of the basic. First of all, laptop CPU is weaker than desktop counterpart in same brandname. The N930 is very weak. It only has 512 kB L2 cache per core and no TurboCore at all. When all for cores are active, it can even beat a i5 450M, but when running on 2 cores, it is weaker than a i3 330M. The missing shared L3 cache makes this CPU even weaker when running on less than 4 cores.

I myself have a Compaq Presario with a N930 and a HD 545v (basically it is a HD 4570 renamed) and can barely run FFX at 40 fps with all recommended speedhacks enabled. The game is unplayable, especially when Lulu casts Demi. The bottleneck is the CPU, because I can scale up to 4x native resolution with my GPU w/o decrease any FPS, while my brother's crappy i3 350M & integrated Intel HD can run FFX at full speed most of the game, so it is recommended to have a dual-core CPU instead.

The HD 5650 is about two times better than mine, and can run most modern games (I have run Crysis medium settings at 40 fps with the HD 5650). Try some games like Resident Evil 5 -- I think it is better for you. Don't think of PCSX2 anymore.