Trying to get SotC running
Hey everyone,

First please let me apologize for being yet another person asking for help. I generally try my best to get by with things like this on my own but here I'm kind of stuck.

Now the reason why I downloaded PCSX2 was for three games; Ico, SotC and YugiohLaughotR. Yugioh game works fine, but the other two are having issues on my *seemingly* beast of a computer. Stuttering as well as sound issues are occurring and I'm wondering if I'm just being an idiot and missing something. As SotC seems to be having the worst time running, I'm hoping to try and focus on fixing that and then move on to Ico later(hopefully after some help I will be able to fix any issues that might occur myself).

So the SotC iso was ripped from the NA version of the game disc. My computer specs are as follows;

CPU: AMD FX6300 6-Core(OC to 4.0ghz)
GPU: EVGA 780ti SC w/ ACX
Memory: 8GB 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance

I have read that Intel is better at running PCSX2 but I'm assuming(hoping) that I should be able to run it fine as well. I went through the configuration painstakingly on install and have tried all the recommended speedhacks I could find for the game on the website(pcsx2.net). Although, the recommended settings were for the Japanese version and on the compatibility list there wasn't any suggested settings for the American version that I could see.

I will provide any other info required if needed, and thank you in advance for any help.

Sponsored links

(04-29-2014, 08:33 AM)agr0 Wrote: Hey everyone,

First please let me apologize for being yet another person asking for help. I generally try my best to get by with things like this on my own but here I'm kind of stuck.

Now the reason why I downloaded PCSX2 was for three games; Ico, SotC and YugiohLaughotR. Yugioh game works fine, but the other two are having issues on my *seemingly* beast of a computer. Stuttering as well as sound issues are occurring and I'm wondering if I'm just being an idiot and missing something. As SotC seems to be having the worst time running, I'm hoping to try and focus on fixing that and then move on to Ico later(hopefully after some help I will be able to fix any issues that might occur myself).

So the SotC iso was ripped from the NA version of the game disc. My computer specs are as follows;

I have read that Intel is better at running PCSX2 but I'm assuming(hoping) that I should be able to run it fine as well. I went through the configuration painstakingly on install and have tried all the recommended speedhacks I could find for the game on the website(pcsx2.net). Although, the recommended settings were for the Japanese version and on the compatibility list there wasn't any suggested settings for the American version that I could see.

I will provide any other info required if needed, and thank you in advance for any help.
MTVU hack will slow the game down while VU cycle stealing works very well.
Set vu cycle stealing to 1, maybe 2 and disable MTVU hack.
set gsdx internal res to at least 2x native.

Your PC isn't the best (AMD FX series aren't that powerful), but you sure can get the game playable with it.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
can i ask mods, why delete my post, there is something wrong?
(04-29-2014, 09:48 AM)sh2dc Wrote: can i ask mods, why delete my post, there is something wrong?

It's just in order to avoid you to get warnings for spamming and eventually getting banned. But if you prefer this option, just lemme know Wink
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php...tcount=117

enable teamico's bloom and HDR lighting, the game will show original ps2 effect, also remember use 3x native... in 2x native it have black bar...
ok. Have another warning for spamming.

If you don't know what you're talking about, don't post. The link you posted is a "guide" for a very old pcsx2 svn. and thus completely useless here.
My notebook runs SotC well (at least most of time)

CPU: Intel Core i7 3630QM - 2.4Ghz
GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX660M - 2GB
RAM: 8GB DDR3

And yet the game runs almos locked on 60 fps, the game itself seems to give '"hiccups"... you know?
How can I fix that? I mad an Iso from my DVD and it was no good either...

I have many speed hacks and HW hacks enabled...
The plugin is too old, is worse than the AVX and SSE4.1

Any help on the stuttering?
(04-29-2014, 08:33 AM)agr0 Wrote: Hey everyone,

You will be able to run it fine with the settings jesalvein suggested. I have this CPU and I've tried it first hand. MTVU: OFF, VU cycle stealing: 2. All other speedhacks at default. You should be okay at 3x native resolution too.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Thanks for all the help everyone. I tried jesalvein's suggestions and it seems to be running okay. It's still a bit wonky here and there but it's only during the cutscenes. Thanks again!