Trying to get everything working and failing.
Tongue 
Hello.
This is my first post to this forum so I am a little nervous that I may be asking questions that have already been answered, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong and I have already tried many fixes that were suggested on different threads of this forum.
I'm attempting to get PCSX2 working on my computer, but I cannot seem to escape these recurring problems I am facing.
The first of which pops up immediately after opening the application.
[Image: jHRqXhhE.jpg:large]
Not sure what that means but it pops up every time I open the application. Then I get these warnings:
[wx] Failed to open temporary file.
[wx] can't open user configuration file.

They appear any time I try to run an ISO, every time I run the application, any time I try to configure anything. Then when I try to open an ISO I have on my PC it cannot create or access a memory card. Then I get this:
Path: C:\Users\Jesse\Documents\PCSX2\bios\Please Configure

(pxActionEvent) Configured BIOS file does not exist, or has a file size of zero.(thread:EE Core)

And then I have to select my BIOS again. and then the cycle repeats. I have the application installed correctly, run it as an administrator, and everything but I still get the same issues. What have I done wrong? What should I try next?

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
If you are using a install version of this on Windows 10 you still have to run it as admin even though you should be. It is a very annoying thing. Otherwise get the Latest GiT version and put it off your C:\ drive if you can.
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

(11-19-2017, 08:42 AM)CK1 Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

The logs folder is empty. have I already done something wrong?

Quote:If you are using a install version of this on Windows 10 you still have to run it as admin even though you should be. It is a very annoying thing. Otherwise get the Latest GiT version and put it off your C:\ drive if you can.

How would I go about doing that? I installed the program directly to my C:\ drive. 

Why does this all have to be so complicated? All I want to do is stream Enter the Matrix with my friends! lol
OK. After you get the error, go to the top-left of the console window and click "Save Log" - then upload it here Smile
(11-19-2017, 08:01 PM)CK1 Wrote: OK. After you get the error, go to the top-left of the console window and click "Save Log" - then upload it here Smile

Code:
PCSX2 1.4.0-20160105132032- compiled on Jan  5 2016
Savestate version: 0x9a0b0000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System =  Microsoft Windows 10 Home (build 16299), 64-bit
Physical RAM     =  16314 MB
CPU name         =  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Vendor/Model     =  GenuineIntel (stepping 09)
CPU speed        =  3.599 ghz (8 logical threads)
x86PType         =  Standard OEM
x86Flags         =  bfebfbff 7ffafbff
x86EFlags        =  2c100000

x86 Features Detected:
SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX.. AVX2.. FMA

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding   GS: C:\PCSX2 1.4.0\plugins\Please Configure
(pxActionEvent) (LoadSinglePluginEvent) The configured GS
plugin file was not found(LoadCorePlugins)

C:\PCSX2 1.4.0\plugins\Please Configure
(GameDB) 9693 games on record (loaded in 162ms)

Loading plugins...
Binding   GS: C:\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx.dll
Windows 10.0.16299
Binding  PAD: C:\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\lilypad.dll
Binding SPU2: C:\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\spu2-x.dll
Binding CDVD: C:\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
Binding  USB: C:\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding   FW: C:\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\FWnull.dll
Binding DEV9: C:\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
Windows 10.0.16299
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Here it is. It wouldn't let me save it in the documents tab even running as an administrator. I had to save it in the downloads tab.
Download a new build from here and run PCSX2 right from the extracted folder. You can move your all of your savestates, memory cards and BIOS to the new folder too.
The fact that you can't even save the log to ~/Documents but you can to ~/Downloads suggests your folder permissions are messed up. Might want to make sure you didn't change it to read only.
Wink 
(11-19-2017, 11:23 PM)CK1 Wrote: Download a new build from here and run PCSX2 right from the extracted folder. You can move your all of your savestates, memory cards and BIOS to the new folder too.

Ah, thank you very much. This works! Now I can relive my childhood with one of the best-worst games in existence!
Yeah that installer issue is just bad design. If you ever decide to use it again right click and run the emulator as admin. That is all. No emu log was needed considering the issues you explained.
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10