Trying to get this working more smoother.
I have DBZ BT3, another DBZ, Van Helsing, THUG2. Any reports of how well these games can run?

I know my processor isn't exactly ideal for this emulator, however, it does run somewhat decently along with DBZ. Hopefully when I get my laptop next month, the game'll have better results. At least that's what I'm guessing.

However, I know it can't be just because of the processor, it can also be the configurations for the emulator.

So any advice on which settings to go with?

There is audio lag, along with in game fights being laggy but playable. As low as 11-20 FPS.

Sponsored links

What is your cpu? Gpu? Plugin settings tried? Speedhacks tried? EE and GS% during the slowdowns? Which game(s) specifically?

By the way, it's been a couple years since I played THUG2 but there were a lot of emulation problems with this game during that time.

Please report EE and GS% with native resolution, and be specific as to which game it applies to. I suspect you are using < 2ghz cpu if your fps is that bad.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Playing with iso is maybe a good deal because when i play smack down vs raw 11 with dvd its some time lagg and takes much loading time as compaire to its iso. So, give the try on iso.(maybe iam wrong).
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
CPU: AMD E-350, 1.6GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6310

And yeah, THUG2 I found is barely playable, especially with the cutscenes and such. :/ I think I definitely need.. a speedhack? Is that what you called it? Hm. I'll have to check around-- especially for that game. Speedhacks I haven't really tinkered around with, and as for plugin settings, that's been far too long for me to even remember, or to retrieve. They are at default currently.

And whoops. Sorry for not being clearer-- The low FPS in fights is for the DBZ games. In fact, here's a picture of when I was playing Budokai Tenkaichi 3:
[Image: 8w06qw.png]

So yeahhhh.

And hmm, well, Brock, I'm playing with ISOs, so that unfortunately won't help. :/
(08-02-2013, 10:24 PM)tarkenaEx Wrote: CPU: AMD E-350, 1.6GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6310

There isn't anything that can really be done. Most PS2 games won't run consistently full speed on a quad core in the 3ghz+ range... Your trying to run it on a system at 1.6ghz, on a slower architeture, that really only has 1.5 cores.

That said, specifically looking at that screen shot, your onboard graphics are causing the worst of your slowdown... you appear to already be running in "native" resolution... You are literally at a point where you're not going to be able to push any more performance out of that system.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(08-02-2013, 11:07 PM)Koji Wrote: There isn't anything that can really be done. Most PS2 games won't run consistently full speed on a quad core in the 3ghz+ range... Your trying to run it on a system at 1.6ghz, on a slower architeture, that really only has 1.5 cores.

That said, specifically looking at that screen shot, your onboard graphics are causing the worst of your slowdown... you appear to already be running in "native" resolution... You are literally at a point where you're not going to be able to push any more performance out of that system.

So not even any configuration tweaking or sppedhacking would help?

:/

Damn, looks like I'll have to wait for my laptop; I'm getting it next weekend. Has a better graphics card I think, and a better processor. ATI 7600 (if I remember correctly) and an A8-4555M (max speed would be 2.4ghz). Hopefully it will allow the games' speed to pick up at least a little bit.
Expect maybe double your current FPS.
Try frameskiping its help you. Yeah, but only try this in software mode coz its looking better in it.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(08-04-2013, 09:16 AM)Brock lessner Wrote: Try frameskiping its help you. Yeah, but only try this in software mode coz its looking better in it.

Hmmmm... I'll see what it results in. I'll report my findings afterwards of trying this.
Okay, it has sped in menus and such, making the audio quite better and bearable compared to before. In game fighting is still bad though. Perhaps a speedhack for the battles, or something?