Trying to play GT4
Smile 
Hi everyone, first of all im posting my specs just to show if my laptop is capable of playing this game:
*Intel Core i3 330M (2.13GHz 3MB with L3 Cache)
*Nvidia 310M 1242MB TurboCache
*2GB RAM

Im trying to get my Gran Turismo 4 NTSC working using the latest PCSX2 0.9.6. I know there is some threads that explains how to get the game working at some parts, Ohmygod, many explanations that end with problems. But i just want a CONCLUSION from the first person to give me details on what the best settings he used to play GT4. Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto....Domo, Domo.

Sponsored links

You have no chance of running this game. Its one of the most demanding games on pcsx2, requiring somewhere around 4ghz cpu.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
better use latest 0.9.7 beta instead of 0.9.6 anyways.

but Gamergeek's right.

Both cpu & Gpu are too weak if you want to run this game.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-16-2011, 09:13 PM)GamerGeek Wrote: You have no chance of running this game. Its one of the most demanding games on pcsx2, requiring somewhere around 4ghz cpu.

Okay fine, maybe i'll use my desktop configuration. Is it good enough?
*Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @3.2GHz 4MB Cache
*Gainward Nvidia 9800GT 512MB
*4GB RAM
*Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit

I can overclock my processor close to 4GHz but scared if i put it in case it goes unstable.....btw i do have a phase change unit in my Desktop, so im not that scared at it overheating.
Yeah that is much more reasonable. Even at stock you should get good speed(not fullspeed though). You may need to overclock a little depending on your definition of playable.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
(01-17-2011, 01:13 PM)GamerGeek Wrote: Yeah that is much more reasonable. Even at stock you should get good speed(not fullspeed though). You may need to overclock a little depending on your definition of playable.

By looking at your signature, your rig is as good as mine, but my P5QL PRO mob died i didn't know why. I only got it for like just a year plus Sad

btw, this video i got from youtube is showing that he has the same processor as you and has oc-ed it to 4GHz.....sounds crazy since that processor is 3GHz and jumping to 4GHz, sounds like a crazy oc.
Gran Turismo 4 (ps2) on PC - pcsx2 0.9.6 (720p HD) -Full Speed-
he too set his frame limiter to 60fps....i did also noticed he had minor shadow problems and of course the word 'GET READY TO DRIVE' is hanging there during gameplay. He showed his configurations in the video description, but how did he get the GSDx 1285 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.15 graphics plugin?