Trying to run pcsx2 on 64 bit windows 8
(02-10-2015, 01:27 AM)heads.cor Wrote: This is what the error is saying 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-awx-r5875.dll'
probably because, your cpu doesn't support AVX. try changing gsdx to something like sse2,ssse3,sse4.1.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

Sponsored links

Start also by installing the emulator outside Program Files or My Documents heads.cor. C:\PCSX2 is fine, or on another Drive/Partition.
Sorry about that.

-Windows 8.1 64 bit

-AMD Quad-Core A8-6410 APU with Radeon R5 Graphics (2 GHz, 2 MB cache)
Processor family: AMD Quad-Core A-Series processor

-8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)

-AMD Radeon R7 M260 Graphics (2 GB DDR3L dedicated)

I am using pcsx 1.2.1. I dont think I am using non default settings, and dont know how I would check that. I havent even got to running a game yet, as I am trying to set pcsx up.

If I am missing anything, let me know.

Thanks
(02-10-2015, 01:03 PM)ssakash Wrote: try changing gsdx to something like sse2,ssse3,sse4.1.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
AMD? SSE2 (I don't think any AMD cpu supports anything else)
What are you talking about ? Huh

@ op
I'm sure that, your processor supports AVX. I think you provided the wrong CPU name, please post the full emulog.
- Refraction
(02-11-2015, 03:35 PM)Saiki Wrote: AMD? SSE2 (I don't think any AMD cpu supports anything else)

From bulldozer series, AMD cpu support sse4.1.
Can't remember about avx, though...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
AMD FX chips DO support AVX, but only AVX 1.0 not the newer AVX 2.0
Hey,

I dont know what CPU is or where to find that information. I attached a pic of my system and the error message I am getting with pcsx 1.2.1. I hope this helps Smile

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: plugin.png]

Change the thing in red to SSE4.1
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]