Trying to use a PS3 DDR pad with Lilypad and I have no idea what I'm doing
I'm pretty sure it's a bad idea, but I'm trying to play Dance Dance Revolution games with a dance pad and I have troubleshooted for like 3 hours and I can't figure it out. My PC and PCSX2 reads the dance pad, but I can't get it work. I read I needed Lilypad so I downloaded that and a site told me to put it in the plugins folder but there is no folder specified to plugins and another site told me to open Config but Config doesn't exist in the current version. I am at a loss, extremely frustrated at this point, and ready to just accept that I can't play DDR as it's intended.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The plugins concept was removed from the emu back in late 2020 or so. Currently you can just set the First controller port to "DualShock 2" and just click on the buttons to map them to the corresponding inputs. Make sure the dance pad is actually detected in Windows first via the "Set up USB Game Controllers" prompt you can find via the Windows Search (hold Win key + press S)
Heart 
(01-14-2023, 12:50 PM)NarooN Wrote: The plugins concept was removed from the emu back in late 2020 or so. Currently you can just set the First controller port to "DualShock 2" and just click on the buttons to map them to the corresponding inputs. Make sure the dance pad is actually detected in Windows first via the "Set up USB Game Controllers" prompt you can find via the Windows Search (hold Win key + press S)

Oh my goodness thank you so much. I am so happy now. It works and now I can dance to my heart's content.
Glad I could help! DDR is a fantastic series, have fun!
(01-14-2023, 09:58 AM)Xayners Wrote: I'm pretty sure it's a bad idea, but I'm trying to play Dance Dance Revolution games with a dance pad and I have troubleshooted for like 3 hours and I can't figure it out. My PC and PCSX2 reads the dance pad, but I can't get it work. I read I needed Lilypad so I downloaded that and a site told me to put it in the plugins folder but there is no folder specified to plugins and another site told me to open Config but Config doesn't exist in the current version. I am at a loss, extremely frustrated at this point, and ready to just accept that I can't play DDR as it's intended.

Hey I had the exact same problem, look for the program ps3rawinput, then open it, while it's opened go into pcsx2 controller settings and turn off everything but keyboard input, the pad should be reading as w,a,s, and d, . It works perfectly, my wife is getting tired of me playing.
Sounds like something that would add input latency.
(01-16-2023, 10:18 AM)NarooN Wrote: Glad I could help! DDR is a fantastic series, have fun!

Hey I tried your method but the emulator doesn't read left-right or up-down
Sad 
Biggrin
(01-17-2023, 10:48 PM)Forte89 Wrote: Hey I had the exact same problem, look for the program ps3rawinput, then open it, while it's opened go into pcsx2 controller settings and turn off everything but keyboard input, the pad should be reading as w,a,s, and d, . It works perfectly, my wife is getting tired of me playing.

Hello, I need help with this method. I tried to do what you recommend, but still don't recognize it. Could you help me? (Sorry for my bad English XD)