Tweaks to improve performance. (KH2)
Hello, I'm was wondering if there where any tweaks I could adjust to my settings on PCSX2 to improve performance. I'm doing my best to record with FRAPS a play trough of Kingdom Hearts II. I'm doing a decent job pulling at around 40-60 FPS but when it hovers around 40FPS the slowing effect makes viewing the video unbearable. I'm currently running on 1280x720(Windowed Mode) and the rest set to default. My FRAPS is set to record at 60FPS Full-Size. My specs are below! Any help is much appreciated!

AMD FX 4-Core 3.6Ghz
Nvidia GTX 550 TI 1G GDDR5
8G DDR3
Windows 7 x64 Pro

Sponsored links

use the internal recorder instead.
don't record to the same drive the iso is read from
(04-20-2012, 04:37 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: use the internal recorder instead.
don't record to the same drive the iso is read from

I'll try the internal recorder for sure Smile I'll come back and let you know how it goes. However, I only have C Drive currently.
try GSdx recording but it will split into 2 (video and audio file)

use F12-->select codec-->"recording..." should be displayed in the GSdx window bar.(you may experience slow down BUT recorded video is not effect the slowdown if you playback again)---->to stop recording hit F12 twice.

*Video is located on where the target file you have saved on w/c folder?
*Audio is located on the pcsx2 folder as recording.wav.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(04-20-2012, 04:45 AM)tallbender Wrote: try GSdx recording but it will split into 2 (video and audio file)

use F12-->select codec-->"recording..." should be displayed in the GSdx window bar.(you may experience slow down BUT recorded video is not effect the slowdown if you playback again)---->to stop recording hit F12 twice.

*Video is located on where the target file you have saved on w/c folder?
*Audio is located on the pcsx2 folder as recording.wav.

Oh I see, the problem with that being I commentate while playing D: So the recorder in game won't help me D:
you can mux and dub your voice over post record.
(04-20-2012, 04:48 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: you can mux and dub your voice over post record.

Well, I record my voice live on what I'm seeing..I mean I'm sure you've seen a let's play. Thanks for you guys help! I'm really glad you're trying to help! I just don't see me editing trough the entire video trying to mash together where it lagged and where it didn't and making it sound right. If you have anything else to offer I would really appreciate it Smile
i've also seen how badly those lets play video's can end up with the commentator confusing himself xD
Oh yeah, it was hell when I first started doing it..I've gotten a lot better...but throwing that lag wrench in is making it difficult. I know it's me though haha not the emulator don't worry I'm not a mad user Smile. I was just hoping you guys would have a magical answer and say "Disable this" and I would be like "Yes master" and everything would work.
Update! For anybody that is curious on how to improve the recording experience. I seem to pull a more constant 60FPS when I go into full screen aside from windowed.