Twisted Metal Black errors
Brick 
[/font][/size] Hello all,I'm a newbie to the whole emulation scene so forgive me if I mess up here and there as I don't know where this particular incident goes. Ok so I'm running TMB and for some reason the specular effects(in this instance it would be the vehicle lights of opponent cars)seem to be appearing every few seconds.Needless to say I can only tolerate that for a few seconds before it becomes irritating and highly distractingSad. The only was I can stop it is to disable specular effects. However,this hurts the game play experience completely and for some reason,wipes out most of the text on the games' HUD. I have all the graphics/processor enhancements running. I use the ZeroGS v 0.97.1 for the graphics plugin. I can't shake the feeling that I'm overlooking something important. I have a jpeg for viewing to see for yourselves. Has anyone else bumped into this with TMB? Assistance/ideas would be greatly appreciated!Smile

P.S.:Also tried changing shader methods,doesn't work.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

-If war is hell,then I was dead and back~???

Sponsored links

what pcsx2 plugins/settings? also, did you try GSdx?
Bug 
(04-13-2009, 07:18 PM)Saiki Wrote: what pcsx2 plugins/settings? also, did you try GSdx?

I pretty much used the default settings. I used Linuz ISO CDVD for mounting the image and I used Zero GS v 0.97.1. Yes I tried GDdx,same problem. I want to test it again,but all my files are moving at a snail's pace(Had TMB ISO,but deleted it on accident Tongue) Zero seems to work better for me. Mostly my systems processor handles all the work. As soon as the file finishes,I'll try again. I just didn't know if there was a patch/hack file that would rectify this. For Zero I turned on graphic enhancements. off or on,it still did it. The file I attached shows the results. It happens during the whole game. The Zero GPU works more to my advantage as it benefits from my systems overkill factor! XD. Idk if there are any other stable GPU emus that are configurable the way zero is.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

what version of GSdx did you try? I'll provide a settings INI that might work for you.
The version I used was GSdx(MSVC 15.00,SSE2)0.1.14. Hope that helps!Wink
get the latest one.
that just could be that your gpu doesn't handle specular lights very well Smile (what gpu you have?)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Tongue 
(04-14-2009, 12:46 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: that just could be that your gpu doesn't handle specular lights very well Smile (what gpu you have?)

I have a 1GB 9800GT. Trust me,it can handle anything I can throw at it and I run some pretty heavy gamesTongue

In terms of updating my plugins,where can I update them all?Becauce I'm assuming that they are all out of date. I just wonder if anyone else has had this problem?
get them in various threads in the plugins section
(04-14-2009, 11:20 PM)Saiki Wrote: get them in various threads in the plugins section

Thank you kindly for the assistance.

Kinda weird,twisted metal head on runs fine,but I may have to do more tweaking.