Two Questions, about saves & proper way to update ?
So is this just an anomaly for this one game with 1.4.0 or should I just revert back to 1.2.1 ? I'd rather stay with stable official releases.

Sponsored links

Have you tried the OpenGL suggestion yet?
No sorry I'm still at work I don't get off until later.
Yes I did use OpenGL with Hardware Depth, yes it removes the colored stripes but adds a double effect on edges and makes lines/edges blurry.
I also tried the newest git version but does the same as above.

I guess I'll just use 1.2.1 for certain games. By the way can I have both 1.2.1 and 1.4.0 installed on the PC. From what I can tell you can't cause they share the same root folders in C: and in My Documents.

Also I've been wondering about this for a while why is their in the main PCSX2 installation folder in the C: drive a zipped folder called "cheats_ws" and are these game cheats for 1000's of games ? But why zipped ? Also in the PCSX2 in My documents is a empty folders named "cheats_ws" and one "cheats" whats the difference and why ?

Can someone please answer my questions fully so I'll stop scratching head about this. Thanks
But have you tried OpenGL(with Hardware Depth) yet?

You can use 1.4.0 for as good as any game, including this one.

You shouldn't install both 1.2.1 and 1.4.0, they will conflict. You can install one version and download the binary(portable) version of the other, it will use all files from its own folder, not the My Docs one used by the installed version.

Cheats_ws contains widescreen patches, it's zipped so there aren't thousands of seperate files to deal with.
Yes I did use OpenGL with Hardware Depth, yes it removes the colored stripes but adds a double effect on edges and makes lines/edges blurry.
I would enable the MTVU speedhack from the options as well, that should improve the speed, however the need for speed games are slow.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Yeah I did that.
What are your EE, GS and VU percentages when the game is running slowly?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Then go back to D3D and select Enable HW Hacks(found in Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings), go to Configure Hacks and set skipdraw to 1(a little higher if necessary).