Two Questions, about saves & proper way to update ?
So what is the proper way to update to v1.4.0 do I just install over 1.2.1 or should uninstall the old first ?

So I've been using v1.2.1 for a while and wanted to update to the newest 1.4.0. I have some game saves and save states I'd would like to take with me to v1.4.0. Do I just copy the files that are in the memcards & sstates folders and paste them in the same folders once I install 1.4.0, before or after I run the wizard for the first time ?

It's been such a long time I don't remember what I did the last time. Thanks

Sponsored links

A fresh install or an installation over the top should both be fine either way the necessary files are written. When you launch PCSX2 for the first time after the upgrade it should find you stuff in your my documents folder (assuming you haven't changed any of the file paths) tell it to use the previous settings and you should be golden.

Make sure you don't delete your saves, bios, etc by backing them up first just in case.
If you do an over the top installation, I would recommend deleting your plugins folder first to make sure you don't accidentally end up using the old plugins.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-11-2016, 10:28 PM)refraction Wrote: If you do an over the top installation, I would recommend deleting your plugins folder first to make sure you don't accidentally end up using the old plugins.
Delete the inis too, old inis and new plugins don't always play nice.
(05-11-2016, 10:29 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Delete the inis too, old inis and new plugins don't always play nice.

Good call

OK well maybe a fresh install would just be better, I might not always remember what to keep or delete. So if I do a full uninstall first and then a fresh install how do I go about keeping my saves and save-states ? or is it best to just keep one and not the other ?

Also does it happen sometimes that saves and or save-states won't be compatible with newer versions of PCSX2 ?
Yeah savestates won't be compatible with newer versions, but the memorycards will be fine.

Where they are depends on your settings when you installed it, they will either be under the PCSX2 folder in a folder called "memcards" or in your My Documents under PCSX2 (or My Games/PCSX2, i really don't remember lol) then Memcards, just copy them somewhere else and put them back later

Last question sorry: I'm getting a weird graphic glitch with NFS Most Wanted and I can't rid of the glitch no matter what I do with 1.4.0. I tried with and without hacks, trying with GSdx AVX Direct3D 11&9 same result. It never did that with 1.2.1, any ideals...is it me or is it 1.4.0 ? Here's a screenshot below.

.bmp   gsdx_20160511155137.bmp (Size: 240,98 KB / Downloads: 630)
Bump for my last question
Use OpenGL Hardware renderer instead of D3D11 or 9 and enable Hardware Depth.

The issue might be solved for D3D modes as well in the latest git versions: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php