Two disc games
Hi, guys.

Searched the forum but didn't find such an issue.
The question is how do you deal with 2 disc games, that require switching mid-game?

Foe example I'm thinking of dumping my 2-DVD Shadow Hearts: Covenant set to ISOs and enjoy the benefits of higher resolution and savestates (no more 'just a little bit more till the next checkpoint' sleepless nights).
But how will I be able to change the ISO midgame on the emulator?

I'm asking not only about SH:Covenant but also about other 2 disc games in general, since it is my understanding that there are quire a few of them on the market (Xenosaga is the first one that comes up on my mind).

Is this an issue at all?

Please, share your experience.

Sponsored links

I have also noticed that there isn't any "swap disc" option anywhere. And i don't know if this will work (never really need to do it with any game so far...) but when you get to a point where the game asks you to change disc try pressing Esc (without Esc Hack on so it doesn't completely exit pcsx2) and go to Config --> CDVDrom and try mounting the other disc. After that use the Execute command to continue from where you previously were...I dunno if this will work, but it's just my theory. (Actually... it will probably crash your game xD). Anyway...just try it and then tell us. =P
[Image: fs.png]
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850
You can use gigahertz cdvd plugin. Though it's still not completed, i should work, at least for switching cd
(05-27-2009, 12:19 PM)Krakatos Wrote: You can use gigahertz cdvd plugin. Though it's still not completed, i should work, at least for switching cd

Switching CDs only or both CD and DVDs?

Anyway, that could probably work with the Shadow Hearts game.
But there is another example - my little kid has recently decided to see whether the Star Ocean TTEOT DVDs (which were left unattened on my desk) could withstand his righteous wrath. In the end he won, and the DVDs lost. Oh, well... Glare

So now I'm stuck with SO only in ISOs. Since it's a living classic of a good RPG I will probably want to replay it in the future. If I do, how should I proceed? Naturally gigahertz cdvd won't be of use here.

OTH maybe a combo of gigahertz and some disc emulation like Daemon would do the trick? Unsure
That is if the game wil patiently wait while I change the ISOs.
Er, all PS2 games are DVDs, or so I thought.

Also, if you are using Gigaherz plugin with an ISO, you have to use a mounting tool like Daemon tools.

However, I don't see why using Linuz plugin and running the ISO directly would be a problem. There shouldn't be any issues with pressing escape to get back to the PCSX2 main menus and then change the disc in the Linuz plugin.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
not really, some games, like Disgaea (PAL) are cd's, you can find which ones in wikipedia
the problem with the method above is that it closes the current emulation to run the next game, so is useless to disc swapping. It seems that you are stuck with Gigaherz CDVD and Daemon Tools
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
Yup, I think that we could have problems in some 2 disc games.
Just wondering, there should be quite a few people that have played Star Ocean 3 on PCSX2. So what's their experience?
(05-27-2009, 06:17 PM)marche1990 Wrote: the problem with the method above is that it closes the current emulation to run the next game, so is useless to disc swapping. It seems that you are stuck with Gigaherz CDVD and Daemon Tools
not true, if you go to run->execute after changing the iso then it will continue where it was (and not start a new emulation), but just as pedrosilvaa said it might crash (not sure) Unsure
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Heh, I can't believe no one has tried a two disc game yet and posted a question about it. Granted, there probably weren't all that many 2 disc games for PS2 but...
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
well i have only tried using the Gigahertz plugin and loading a disc while being in the ps2 bios Tongue
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja