Two questions
Greetings, this is my first post really, as I tried to solve my problems by reading through others and such, and managed to solve a lot of things, but a direct question can sometimes help more. So, sorry if I make any noobish mistake and such.

Anyways, my basic specs:
Intel core duo 1.86GH
2gb ram
ATI radeon HD 4770
Vista

First of all, I managed to set up the emulator and make a game work, though I do get pretty low fps and audio slowdowns as well.
My first question is about GDsx. According to my video card specifics, it does support directx10, which I also do have installed, yet in the plugin only lets me pick the dx9 mode. Why, and is there any solution to that?

Secondly, a bit a random question, since i'm here, are my specs good enough to run games properly? The game I tried and am mostly trying to make work is The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon. In the dx9 mode it runs with 20-30 fps or such, and I tried everything I could find to make it go smoother, which made me wonder if actually the dx10 mode would do that (which I have problems with, in the question above), or if it's just my computer failing.

That's it for now, thanks in advance for your help, do ask any info you might need that could help you help me.

Sponsored links

Clock speed is to low, Isn't much you can do unless you overclock.

Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Hm I see. I have never actually done that, any tips on how to do it in a safe way?
I'd definitely say it's your CPU as hell has said.
2 Options: Overclock, or Upgrade.

The only issue I've noticed with Dawn of the Dragon is the sound of the water screws up when you move (fixes itself when you pause the game :x). Other than that, it runs very well in both DX9/DX10 Hardware modes here.

Edit: Just noticed that there's an old topic on the forums somewhere about the game working. Must've missed it.
Edit2: If anyone reads this, set Skipdraw Hack in GSDX to 1 if you want that bloom effect seen in Software Mode..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 3.9GHz - MSI TwinFrozr GTX680 4GB...
...Nerpyderp.
Hm upgrading is definitely a no-no at this point in time. I assume many of you here have knowledge about overclocking, perhaps you could help me with that or point me to the right direction for learning to do it, please? Thanks ^^
Well, I have absolutely no knowledge on Overclocking.
In fact, nothing at all in my system is overclocked.

Regarding the Audio Slowdowns, have you tried the "Async" method in SPU2-X? Probably worth a shot (weather or not it breaks anything for you is another matter).
Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 3.9GHz - MSI TwinFrozr GTX680 4GB...
...Nerpyderp.
Hehe, turns out there's no need for overclocking, shutting down every other non vital program was enough to grant me steady 50-60 fps with no slowdowns even on the audio side. Thanks anyway, although I still do not understand why I can't pick directx10 mode, but oh well.
(01-17-2011, 08:11 PM)Elayra Wrote: Hehe, turns out there's no need for overclocking, shutting down every other non vital program was enough to grant me steady 50-60 fps with no slowdowns even on the audio side. Thanks anyway, although I still do not understand why I can't pick directx10 mode, but oh well.

To make DX10 to work with GSdx, follow the advice on the first post of this thread:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSdx

Quote:Install one of these first: DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer (direct link), DirectX End-User Runtime (June 2010)

Then this one, too: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
And finally the Vista platform update which requires Service Pack 2 installed

Make sure you have at least Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista installed.
[Image: newsig.jpg]