Two questions(Persona 3, internal resolution/gpu usage)
Relevant specs: i5-2500k at 4.2ghz, two Radeon 5850s in crossfire

First, does anybody know why Persona 3 slows down so much when your characters are affected by status effects in battle? Gdsx in dx9 and dx11 modes at all internal resolutions seems to have this effect. Other than that, the game runs at a constant 60fps with no speedhacks other than mtvu.

And the bigger question: Is it possible to properly monitor the GPU usage while running PCSX2? I would like to run it at the highest internal resolution possible, then apply 2x or 4x AA through the gdsx ini file. So far I've gotten good results from 4x native resolution, but it's difficult to determine the causes of slowdowns this way. I added my second 5850 recently, and since then I've been using Radeon Pro to monitor my GPU usage in both single card and crossfire modes. But when I load it up with PCSX2, the bar that shows GPU usage just flickers rapidly, making it fairly useless. Now, I was wondering if anybody knew how forcing crossfire using a ready-made profile in Radeon Pro would affect performance. If PCSX2 just wants tons of VRAM(how much should it be using at each internal resolution, anyways?), crossfire won't help at all since VRAM is mirrored. Is this the case, or will turning up the internal resolution actually benefit from the increased GPU power when forced to use crossfire?

Sponsored links

Crossfire/SLI does not affect PCSX2 Performance at all. No it want VRAM when using higher D3D Internal Resolutions. My Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD 4650 DP 4650 has 2GB and supports upto 4x Native. Higher than that causes PCSX2 to crash/hang.

I never faced this problem with Persona 3. I play it with SuperVU Recompiler. That might give a slight boost.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
the gamefix for Persona 3 uses MicroVU if not mistaken, atleast it says so behind it Smile But since with 0.9.8 Gamefixes are done automatically if I'm not wrong.
VU Clip Flag Hack uses Super VU Recompiler Only. It is done automatically. I din't say to enable Gamefixes. did I?
don't get me wrong, I don't intend to be a smartass (Even if I can be one sometimes hahaha) and also sorry for the wrong information, I thought it was like I said, but then again haven't played Persona 3 for awhile. Eitherway my bad ^^
I' not getting you. Nor I intend. Tongue2

Recoder's Famous Quotation Wrote:Its human who makes mistakes but how he corrects it is the main point. Smile

By the Way, I have also not played Persona series for a while. Tongue2
(12-26-2011, 10:27 AM)recoder Wrote: Crossfire/SLI does not affect PCSX2 Performance at all. No it want VRAM when using higher D3D Internal Resolutions. My Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD 4650 DP 4650 has 2GB and supports upto 4x Native. Higher than that causes PCSX2 to crash/hang.

I never faced this problem with Persona 3. I play it with SuperVU Recompiler. That might give a slight boost.

supports ? my 5670 can run up to x6 native with X8 AA and FFXA without any single crash with only 1GB VRAM ! ( speed sucks Tongue2 )
I can go with 6x Native but when fighting in DBZ BT3 / or MGS the screen hangs at the same place. Tongue2 and GPU-Z shows everything is 100%. Tongue