URGENT HELP!!! FPS GAMES
Hi there guys,

I really need help with some games; and setups etc etc I have PCSX2 1.4.0 and I’ve encountered problems with my setup up for some games I.e V8 Supercars three, the entire game loads fine until the cardboard line up on the grid and I get dodgy sound and FPS but my fps, EE%, GS% through the menus are just perfect, can’t understand how just loading an image of a car is struggling, this also happens with grand turismon4, what I’ve found is if I turn off MVU FLAG and  setting Above it, it seems to run better but still not the best, I’ve tried different speed hacks and other settings but no luck,

Here are my specs:
[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3[/font][/font]
[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]CPU: AMD FX 8350 Octa core 4.0GHZ[/font][/font]
[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]GPU: Nvidia GTX970 Windforce[/font][/font]
[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]Ram: 8GB DDR4[/font][/font]
[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]HDD: 1TB[/font][/font]

Sponsored links

CPU is weak to run that game
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(06-05-2019, 02:38 AM)smartstrike Wrote: CPU is weak to run that game

But the cpu is a 8core and 4mhz. It’s the best one I can get for the board which I installed recently. I had had the same problem with my old cpu which was a amd phenomenon II and was an even worse cpu and still had the same problem. When I run the game the cpu usuage is only at like 22% though.

Also does windows versions have anything to do with it? As I’m only running windows 7 SP1
Emulation generally does not use many cores. 25% CPU usage could be 25% on all the cores or 2 cores of an 8 core CPU (with 8 threads) using 100% and the other 6 at 0%. While the fx 8350 is running at 4GHz+ unfortunately it is running piledriver cores which are not really that good at single threaded performance. At 4GHz the 8350 is fast enough for some games, but demanding titles really need either 3rd/4th gen Intel core processors at 3.5GHz+ (or more depending on how demanding the game) or AMD Zen processors which have similar single threaded performance.
(06-05-2019, 05:53 AM)Sange93 Wrote: But the cpu is a 8core and 4mhz. It’s the best one I can get for the board which I installed recently. I had had the same problem with my old cpu which was a amd phenomenon II and was an even worse cpu and still had the same problem. When I run the game the cpu usuage is only at like 22% though.

Also does windows versions have anything to do with it? As I’m only running windows 7
your CPU's is still weak due to lack of tech-attributes
it has no AVX/AVX2/SSE4.1/SSSE3 and pcsx2 recommends that as mentioned
(06-05-2019, 06:27 AM)smartstrike Wrote: your CPU's is still weak due to lack of tech-attributes
it has no AVX/AVX2/SSE4.1/SSSE3 and pcsx2 recommends that as mentioned

I’m currently playing on SSE4.1 and have tried SSSE3 so how can I have none of Those? My old cpu definitely did not have any of those thus not letting choose them.

So what you’re saying is basically that’s it?

(06-05-2019, 06:05 AM)TkSilver Wrote: Emulation generally does not use many cores.  25% CPU usage could be 25% on all the cores or 2 cores of an 8 core CPU (with 8 threads) using 100% and the other 6 at 0%.  While the fx 8350 is running at 4GHz+ unfortunately it is running piledriver cores which are not really that good at single threaded performance.  At 4GHz the 8350 is fast enough for some games, but demanding titles really need either 3rd/4th gen Intel core processors at 3.5GHz+ (or more depending on how demanding the game) or AMD Zen processors which have similar single threaded performance.

I just don’t quite understand this whole single threaded performance? Like the games work, the menus work, the loading screen works, but then when all the cars are on the grid it struggles unit we take off and then it seems to get better, especially when other cars in the distance it gets better.

Why would single threaded performance make that much of a difference?
Quote:I just don’t quite understand this whole single threaded performance? Like the games work, the menus work, the loading screen works, but then when all the cars are on the grid it struggles unit we take off and then it seems to get better, especially when other cars in the distance it gets better.
what do the ee% & gs% say when it's slow ?
Quote:Why would single threaded performance make that much of a difference?
because this emu (and many emus in general) rely more on how much raw power a core can deliver than how many cores are running
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
^
^
oh a piledirver AMD yup it has sse4.1 but the PassMark's STR number is at 1501..
pcsx2 needs roughly 1900+ at this weight
I'm just saying; you're much better off playing this game on your PS2 console or if you have the PC version, play that instead. I have the PC version and it's not intense graphically-wise.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
Thumbs Up 
okay so ive seemed to fix it by simply downloading the new V.1.5.0
works perfectly with my rig, happy as  Biggrin

thanks to all who helped