USB Issues
I used an older version (9.4 I believe) to play Kingdom Hearts the other day, and since configuring it my PC no longer recognizes any Mass Storage USB device that I connect (so far this includes my modem and my thumb drive)..

Is this a known issue? Does anyone know why this has happened, and/or how to fix it?

I tried uninstalling, but it didn't fix the problem; I re-installed and checked out the plugins, but there's nothing in the USB configurations to change..

Sponsored links

USB does not work on pcsx2, period
I think that you have misunderstood me; after using the emulator, after it was closed and even removed from my PC, the USB ports of my PC are no longer working with mass storage devices.

I know that my USB modem was working before I used the emulator because I have a log of my Anti-Virus updating just before I played Kingdom Hearts. After I closed the emulator and tried to actually use the internet I found that the modem was no longer being recognized, and neither was my thumb drive, but my USB Keyboard, Mouse and game controller still work fine.

I've tried the modem and thumb drive on other computers and they work fine, so clearly it is something that the emulator has done to my PC..
that seems quite unlikely, only reason if it would be the case is that you downloaded the emulator from somewhere else then pcsx2.net Smile Also there is always a possibility that a USB port can fry. Since nothing works eternal ofcourse.

And Saiki that's not entirely true. Nuvee plugin will make it so that you actually can use USB Devices like USB Keyboard + Mouse Smile
(04-26-2012, 08:02 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: And Saiki that's not entirely true. Nuvee plugin will make it so that you actually can use USB Devices like USB Keyboard + Mouse Smile

if you dig back 7 years, yes..

they're not in 0.9.8/0.9.9
Nuvee's first release was at 25-5-2011 and the latest one is 21-10-2011 so you probably don't know what you're talking about.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Nuvee-PS1...-by-Shalma
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-26-2012, 02:13 PM)Bositman Wrote: Nuvee's first release was at 25-5-2011 and the latest one is 21-10-2011 so you probably don't know what you're talking about.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Nuvee-PS1...-by-Shalma

"Mass Storage USB device"

Not a lightgun
You are talking about a different thing. The OP was asking for his PC USB ports (which have nothing to do with PCSX2), you answered about PS2 USB emulation in PCSX2, Strife answered about USB devices being used on PCSX2 (like mice, keyboards and lightguns) and then you answered that what he said doesn't exist.

Pretty clear this is off-topic enough and that you probably answered something else / misunderstood.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I'm sorry Bosit and Saiki. It wasn't intended to be unfriendly or anything, only trying to help heh. So Saiki if I offended you in any way, my apologies Smile
perhaps, be he spoke about modem and USB thumb drive. neither of which work

THOSE don't work in pcsx2, but to load discs/isos (ELFs), yes.

if this is not what was being asked I'll simply back out now, but that's what I understood