USB headset for games like socom
Hey everyone,

I'm new on here, and is there a way to use the ps2 headset for pcsx2? I'm pretty sure you can't since I can't find a usb plugin for it. Thanks!

Sponsored links

There are some DEV9 plugins that do allow USB functionality, like qemu-usb I believe it's called, but as to how well it works and under what OSs I have no clue...
(12-23-2013, 10:49 PM)pablocrossa Wrote: There are some DEV9 plugins that do allow USB functionality, like qemu-usb I believe it's called, but as to how well it works and under what OSs I have no clue...

So pcsx2 was created without writing a plugin for the most used accessory for ps2? Awesome. Is there any usb plugin that's relative for the headset? I know when I run socom, the program log it checks to see if the headset is connected but gets an error because I'm assuming the emulator doesn't have a plugin for it.
Quote:So pcsx2 was created without writing a plugin for the most used accessory for ps2? Awesome.
because it's an "accessory". top priority is to make an accurate emulator with high compatibility.
"Accessories" will probably come later...

Good thing is : since pcsx2 uses a plugin system, anyone can write one that suits their needs.
Maybe you could code one ? since it's "the most used accessory for PS2", i bet many pcsx2 users would love you to write this.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-24-2013, 08:14 AM)jesalvein Wrote: because it's an "accessory". top priority is to make an accurate emulator with high compatibility.
"Accessories" will probably come later...

Good thing is : since pcsx2 uses a plugin system, anyone can write one that suits their needs.
Maybe you could code one ? since it's "the most used accessory for PS2", i bet many pcsx2 users would love you to write this.

I didn't mean to sound "rude" this emulator is kick ass and compatibility is more important than a headset. It just surprises me that it has be done yet. I know very little about coding. I can code up to classes/structs in c++. Still a noob.