USB plugin
only reporting what I know of Guitar Hero

Sponsored links

(05-28-2009, 05:19 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: Someone would still have to code a plugin for the PC mic to interface properly with the emulator.

What is a current state for mic support?

I can take the plugin's development, but need more details on currently implemented APIs - e.g. how the sound input is reported to emulation layer?
(12-16-2010, 08:01 PM)omnicreecy Wrote: What is a current state for mic support?

I can take the plugin's development, but need more details on currently implemented APIs - e.g. how the sound input is reported to emulation layer?

There's no mic support at all, that I know of (and I was the one who made the 'main' usb plugin).

The mic is just a plain USB microphone. It does not have an API, it has an USB protocol. To emulate the mic you'd need an usb emulation core complete enough to support the mic's required features.

The plugin I wrote used QEmu's usb core, and I think it still doesn't support isochronous transfers. If microphone access requires isochronous transfers, then you'd not only need to write an usb device emulator for the mic, but also the whole usb host controller 'core' for it.

Either that or you find another usb emulation core that supports microphones already (maybe check other emulators, virtualbox could be a target for investigation).

to figure out the proper usb device IDs and features you'll probably need an actual ps2 usb microphone and do some reverse-engineering work.
(12-17-2010, 01:12 AM)gigaherz Wrote: The mic is just a plain USB microphone. It does not have an API, it has an USB protocol. To emulate the mic you'd need an usb emulation core complete enough to support the mic's required features.

If microphone access requires isochronous transfers, then you'd not only need to write an usb device emulator for the mic, but also the whole usb host controller 'core' for it.

to figure out the proper usb device IDs and features you'll probably need an actual ps2 usb microphone and do some reverse-engineering work.

My favorite PCM27xx dacs were isochronous and they are in multiple headsets.. well, it seems that backporting isochronous core and trying an USB headset (it is said on forums, that RockBand picked up the non-PS headsets; would ask the guys..) is the option to consider. If it would be successful lose of time, the fake usb driver is much easier to write Smile

Remark (way to go, Jared..)
1) a working usb core 2) and a real mic to test.. and some non-rockband stuff to test mic.
1) a working fake usb microphone driver and 2) can plug it to both pcsx2&&vmware to test if the driver is working;
Bug 
PLEASE MAKE A SINGSTAR PLUGIN