USBqemu Buzz New Release
Is this at all related to USB headset support? I've been dying to play Lifeline on PCSX2

Sponsored links

Hi,
I am trying to get working my Buzz! games with the several Usbqemu plugins I found.
The mod uploaded in this thread unfortunately does not work anymore with the latest release of PCSX2 1.4.0.
The first mod (by Luigi??) still works, but I have an annoying lag problem...
There's much annoying delay when I press each button.
Sometimes the pressure is not detected, or detected with much delay and often it happens that the release is not detected and the game thinks that the button is always pressed (loop)...

This behavior does not allow to play neither make selections...the game is unplayable.
Is there here a saint would be kind to fix the plugin, please?

Thank you very much!!! Smile
Hi guys, I am using pcsx2 v1.4 on windows 8. When I connect buzzers to usb port in computer resources -> devices I found "standard usb hub". at pcsx2 I copied usbqemu.dll (not usbqemu-dgb cause the programm doesn't detect it) into plugin's folder and hidapi.dll into main folder where pcsx2-exe is placed. When I launche the software, for example buzz the music quiz, appear select languague screen into the game but when I tried to select the language pushing any button from each the buzzer nothing happens. so buzzers is detected but not working. what's the problem? thanks a lot.
Hi guys, I know this thread is kinda old, but I cant use this plugin. No device appears in dropdown :s

Any ideas?
May I ask if someone got this plugin works for TWO set of Buzz! controllers? I would really like with other 7 friends Smile

Thanks! Laugh
Hi there. In case anyone is still struggling, I managed to make it work.
And yes, even the newer versions do work (I used the latest version of PCSX2, which is 1.6.0 right now).

So here's how:

1. Plug in the BUZZ Controllers/ the USB of it
2. On Windows (10), go to Device Manager -> open USB Tab. There should be a one thats not working (yellow triangle), called "Standard USB Hub".
3. Right click it -> Update Driver -> Browse my computer for driver software -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer -> Select "USB Input Device" -> Click OK.
4. After the driver of the controller is set up, open the folder where PCSX2 is installed.
5. Download the necessary Plugin "USBqemu-buzzR" Rephaim uploaded on this forum: USBqemu Buzz New Release
6. Extract the .7z file and put the .dll file in the Plugins folder of PCSX2.
7. Start PCSX2, click on "Configuration" -> Select "BIOS/Plugin" -> open the dropdown list of the USB plugins and select "USBqemu (Buzz Mod) 0.1.0 [USBqemu-buzzR]".
8. Click on Apply and then on okay. (You may restart PCSX2 in order to prevent errors idk.)
9. Open a "Buzz Game" like Jungle Party. Watch your controllers. Every single Buzz Controller should at least blink up once to show that the light/controller is working/detected.
10. Your done! You should be able to play with your Buzz Controllers now!

If you want do play without real Buzz Controllers, you may download another Plugin where you can add Direct Input from another controller to any other controller.
Here's the link: https://github.com/jackun/USBqemu-w...wheel-0.9.1-2-2020-05-10-3ffc8128-Release.zip
Same procedure: Put the file in the plugin folder, select it and this time, configure it before you start playing. Select Buzz Controller for the first USB Input and underneath, select "DInput".
You can now map the buttons of the 4 individual Buzz controllers. For 8, just select Buzz Controller for the second USB Input, too, then do the same.

I hope I was able to help you. It worked for me at least.
Credit for the plugins doesn't go to me, go thank the creators. Smile

Best wishes from Germany and a happy new year 2021,
Nicell
(01-07-2021, 04:56 PM)Nicell Wrote: Hi there. In case anyone is still struggling, I managed to make it work.
And yes, even the newer versions do work (I used the latest version of PCSX2, which is 1.6.0 right now).

So here's how:

2. On Windows (10), go to Device Manager -> open USB Tab. There should be a one thats not working (yellow triangle), called "Standard USB Hub".
3. Right click it -> Update Driver -> Browse my computer for driver software -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer -> Select "USB Input Device" -> Click OK.
4. After the driver of the controller is set up, open the folder where PCSX2 is installed.
5. Download the necessary Plugin "USBqemu-buzzR" Rephaim uploaded on this forum: USBqemu Buzz New Release
7. Start PCSX2, click on "Configuration" -> Select "BIOS/Plugin" -> open the dropdown list of the USB plugins and select "USBqemu (Buzz Mod) 0.1.0 [USBqemu-buzzR]".
8. Click on Apply and then on okay. (You may restart PCSX2 in order to prevent errors idk.)
9. Open a "Buzz Game" like Jungle Party. Watch your controllers. Every single Buzz Controller should at least blink up once to show that the light/controller is working/detected.

If you want do play without real Buzz Controllers, you may download another Plugin where you can add Direct Input from another controller to any other controller.
Here's the link: https://github.com/jackun/USBqemu-w...wheel-0.9.1-2-2020-05-10-3ffc8128-Release.zip
Same procedure: Put the file in the plugin folder, select it and this time, configure it before you start playing. Select Buzz Controller for the first USB Input and underneath, select "DInput".
You can now map the buttons of the 4 individual Buzz controllers. For 8, just select Buzz Controller for the second USB Input, too, then do the same.

Nicell

Hi could you give some more help on this please. Put the two .dll in plugins folder and nothing shows up, if i put them in main directory they will show up in bios/plugin window to select. But if i do this the programme closes after trying to launch the game. thanks
(02-08-2021, 04:20 PM)ooashalloo Wrote: Hi could you give some more help on this please. Put the two .dll in plugins folder and nothing shows up, if i put them in main directory they will show up in bios/plugin window to select. But if i do this the programme closes after trying to launch the game. thanks

Hi there ooasalloo, my best advice is to start fresh, make sure you only have the files following the instructions by Nicell EXACTLY , because in the end, you only need that one extra dll file: USBqemu-buzzR in your plugin directory to make this work.

Again, start fresh by undoing everyone elses intsructions, and follow Nicells instuctions, one by one, exactly... it will work..

I've not tried to make the lights work, but everything else is perfect.  Thank you Nicell for the update.. works perfectly..
(01-07-2021, 04:56 PM)Nicell Wrote: Hi there. In case anyone is still struggling, I managed to make it work.

So here's how:

Nicell
Hey Nicell,

Just wanted to thank you for your post. I was struggling to get PCSX2 to recognize the buzz controllers so I followed your instructions to the T and it worked perfectly. Family night is sorted for next time everyone's around Laugh . 

Hab einen schönen Tag!
Swan

So here's how:

Nicell

Hello,

unfortunately I have some problems with the plugin.

Hardware:
cpu: Intel® Core™ i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Ram:16.0 GB
Graphics card: Geforce 1080
Windows 10 Pro - Build 19042.928
Program version: Pcsx2 1.6.0.

If I start Buzz (i tried 3 Versions) with the USBqemu plugin the whole Pcsx2 application crashes.
When I start a buzz -game with the standart usb-plugin the warning appears that the buzz controllers are not connected like it should be.
Other games work both with the "standard USB plugin" USB null driver 20200506140804 0.7.0 and also with the
USBqemu-buzzer.7z (USBqemu).

Therefore I exclude that the "CD" has an defect.

I noticed that the device manager both on  my desktop and on my laptop didn't show a yellow warning triangle when plugging the buzzcontroller in.
However, in the Windows Gamecontroler there is a controller with the name "Buzz2 is displayed.
When I press a button on the controller, Windows recognizes it correctly.
This is therefore also recognized.

I have the USBqemu.dll and the hidapi.dll
into the folder \pcsx2\Plugins, but I couldn't find the Plu-in under:
Configuration -> Plugin\Bios -> USB
If I put the files in the root directory ( \pcsx2) I can select them.

unfortunately I am not able to embed a picture here therefore only the link to the "crash".
Screenshot

Thanks for your help
EscoRioN

Update:
I do not know i it is not Working but i found out that the Version 0.10.0 from Jackun (USBgemu-Wheel) works perfektly.

1.) Download from Giithub
2.) unzip in the \pcsx2\Plugins
3.) Pick the USB-Gemu 0.1 in the Configuration -> Plugin\Bios -> USB
4.) do the configuration in the plugin settings
5.) play some Buzz!