Ultimate Spider-Man [SLES 53390] (E)
Its a snowblind game, they're fine with the 4gb patch
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

Tried the 4GB patch and Ultimate Spider-Man no longer crashes. Thanks for the tips in this topic. Sure wish we could use hardware mode for the graphics though instead of software (which at least runs at full speed on my i5).
Seems like there's a memory leak in this game because I got "texturing temporary disabled" with a subsequent crash even with 4 GB patch, it just took a long time before this happened (definitely over an hour). Not sure if status should be slammed back to In-Game as the game can still be completed even with occasional crashes.
PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @ 3.5 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB)

Build Description: PCSX2 1.5.0-20180527152736

BIOS Used: Europe v02.00(14/06/2004) Console

EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal
EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Chop

GSdx Settings: OpenGL Software, Native, High Blending Accuracy, Bilinear (PS2) Texture Filtering

GSdx HW Hacks: None

Speedhacks Used:
Recommended

Gamefixes Used:
Automatic Game Fixes

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game): much

Comments:
Status should probably be dropped tp In-Game as this game crashes after about 30-60 minutes making playing it troublesome. Still needs to be run in Software mode.

Bugs:
Hardware mode has broken textures. The game still has a memory leak because PCSX2 eventually runs out of memory and crashes.

In-Game (debatable)
Can you try using the Fast Texture Invalidation hack to see if it fixes the memory leak/crashing?
(05-29-2018, 07:57 PM)CK1 Wrote: Can you try using the Fast Texture Invalidation hack to see if it fixes the memory leak/crashing?

That's a HW hack, though, and I'm playing in SW.
So you're saying SW will crash too? Can you still try just to be sure, the hack is made specifically for Snowblind engine games.
(05-30-2018, 11:22 AM)CK1 Wrote: So you're saying SW will crash too? Can you still try just to be sure, the hack is made specifically for Snowblind engine games.

That's not Snowblind engine, though, it appears to be Treyarch's proprietary engine they used for Spider-Man games.