EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal
EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Chop

Speedhacks Used:

Recommended + MTVU

Gamefixes Used:

Automatic Game Fixes

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game): medium

Comments:

Hardware mode is full of texture glitches and is even slower than software mode. So you have to play in software mode. Game initially works stable but after about 5-10 minutes the console starts showing lots of "GSdx: out-of-memory: texturing temporarily disabled" accompanied by the game screen shortly becoming darker and PCSX2 eventually crashes.

Bugs:

Glitchy and slow hardware mode. GSdx runs out of memory after some time of gameplay and crashes.

In-Game
Did you try the 4gb patch like i said? http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

That probably solves all the crashing and texture popping.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-19-2013, 11:47 AM)refraction Wrote: Did you try the 4gb patch like i said? http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

That probably solves all the crashing and texture popping.

Ehh, I don't think it will have effect on my system 'cause I have 4 GB of RAM and 32-bit OS.
Use the patch, follow this http://dwf.blogs.com/beyond_the_paper/20...vista.html

also why are you running a 32bit OS with 4GB of ram? what a waste ;p

Applied 4 GB patch. No crashes or bugs after an hour of gameplay and several story missions.
Also, about that engine. No, this game is running on some Treyarch's engine. The same engine is used in Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man 2 on PCSX2 suffers from texture glitches as well.
so i see, the issue is very similar with memory usage though. I suspect Treyarch used a similar technique to push high quality textures through the PS2's limited graphics memory.

Through the process of elimination then, im guessing Spider-Man 2 is fine with that 4gb patch also ;p

(03-19-2013, 01:23 PM)refraction Wrote: Through the process of elimination then, im guessing Spider-Man 2 is fine with that 4gb patch also ;p
Nope. Spider-Man 2 doesn't need 4 GB patch since it doesn't run out of memory. But just like Ultimate, texture glitches in SM2 can only be fixed by switching to software mode.
1)Game title:Ultimate Spider-Man
2)ELF nameWackoLES 53390
3)Game CRC-FDD12792
Compatibility report:Work good.Fine

PC Specs:

CPU: I5 3330
GPU: HD radeon 6850

Build Description: PCSX2 1.3 5899 .svn Release Pack - Windows
If other please specify: N/A

BIOS Used: USA v02.20(10/02/2006) Console

EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal
EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Chop

Speedhacks Used:
Standard Speedhackers

Gamefixes Used:

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game):
Medium

Comments:

Bugs:No Bugs.

Status

Playable
None of all of the above issues exist since r5593?? That seems very unlikely to me...
[Image: newsig.jpg]