Unable to boot game, computer crashes. PCSX2 0.9.7
(10-17-2010, 09:04 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Enable the "native" option in GSdx, try enabling/disbaling "allow 8-bit textures" which could help or make it worse and as a last resort use frameskipping (Shift+F4 while playing).

Yes. Disabling 8 bit textures would help.
1)Also try changing values of 'EE RECS options' and 'VU RECS options' in advanced option under config menu, and see whether u feel any difference.

2)Also try using speed hacks.

3)Another thing, Go in CPU config in Config menu and select the 4th option for fast performance. i.e. "VU skip"
also change FPS limit and try.

4)For Best Performance, Reduce resolution in GSDx, change interlacing to none, disable texture filtering.

That should do it. If it feels too fast!, then u can increase values and experience better graphics!

(10-16-2010, 12:29 PM)Devirin Wrote: Hello Pcsx2 forum,

This is my first time downloading the program, and configuring the emulator. I've checked the compatibility list, and apparently Fate: Unlimited Codes should work. Its an ISO file. However, whenever I try to boot cdvd, the screen turns black, then my computer crashes. Sad

Not sure what my next step is, can someone help me out?
Thanks in advance! I appreciate it!

Heres my PC specs:

Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel® Core ™ 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz 2.34 GHz
Memory Ram: 4GB
64-bit operating system

Plugins:
- GSdx 3693 (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.16 set to Direct3D10 Hardware
- LilyPad svn (r3878)
- SPU2-X r3702m 1.4.0
- cdvdGigaherz (r3429) 0.8.0
- USBnull Driver 0.7.0
- FWnull Driver 0.6.0
- DEV9null Driver 0.5.0

*Note: I don't have any speed hacks.

Not really sure what I'm doing at all...Is my computer bad? Is it the configuration? The iso file?

And i think, u havent mentioned about your graphics card yet!
Nvidia? ATI? which one?
[Image: wipe_b10.gif]

Sponsored links

(10-17-2010, 09:50 AM)rahul.deadmanzzz Wrote: And i think, u havent mentioned about your graphics card yet!
Nvidia? ATI? which one?
From the log he posted:
Code:
Init GS
Windows 6.0.6002 (Service Pack 2 2.0)
Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset (7.15.10.1637)

So it's Intel, either the GMA X4500 or the X4500HD.
Specs in Profile
If DX10 is showing up it means it's X4500HD...............
Intel E5700 @3.0Ghz,
Xfx Radeon 5670 1Gb,
4Gb DDR3 Ram,
Microsoft Windows7 Ultimate x86
(10-18-2010, 07:27 AM)Speedy42 Wrote: If DX10 is showing up it means it's X4500HD...............

There's literally no difference between the two chipsets, HD just signifies the presence of a HDMI output on the motherboard I/O panel.
Specs in Profile
hi i know it's a long time since this thread was opened but i have similar problem with pcsx2 0.9.8 i can play for a random amount of time and then during some scene's in FFX it just freezes for a sec then play again for 1 sec then freezes and then it goes to bsod (blue screen of death) well it says "dumbs local memory etc etc" idk if it can b perhaps im using ds3 tool at the same time or my pc specs r
windows 7 64 bit
8 GB ddr3 ram
nvidia geforce gtx 550 ti 1 gb ddr5
intel i5-3700 2.7 GHz
my pcsx2 specs r
EE/IOP defualt
VUs defualt
GS defualt (no frame skipping/limiter)
no speedhacks or gamefixes
my GSDX is direct3d11 hardware
disable'd original ps2 resolution
uncheck'd 8-bit texture's and i have texture filtering enable'd
i have tried software of 3d11 and i have tried 3d9 both hard/software and same problem still occur's can u guy's plz help me since im bloody tired i can barely play half an hour b4 my pc crashe's
The "dump local memory" is from Windows. Windows dumps the memory to save the error info and send it to Microsoft.

Each time a new version of PCSX2 is released, the old one is no longer supported. Please get the stable 1.0 release and see if the BSOD persists. It is the first thing to do.