Unable to boot game, computer crashes. PCSX2 0.9.7
Hello Pcsx2 forum,

This is my first time downloading the program, and configuring the emulator. I've checked the compatibility list, and apparently Fate: Unlimited Codes should work. Its an ISO file. However, whenever I try to boot cdvd, the screen turns black, then my computer crashes. Sad

Not sure what my next step is, can someone help me out?
Thanks in advance! I appreciate it!

Heres my PC specs:

Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel® Core ™ 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz 2.34 GHz
Memory Ram: 4GB
64-bit operating system

Plugins:
- GSdx 3693 (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.16 set to Direct3D10 Hardware
- LilyPad svn (r3878)
- SPU2-X r3702m 1.4.0
- cdvdGigaherz (r3429) 0.8.0
- USBnull Driver 0.7.0
- FWnull Driver 0.6.0
- DEV9null Driver 0.5.0

*Note: I don't have any speed hacks.

Not really sure what I'm doing at all...Is my computer bad? Is it the configuration? The iso file?

Sponsored links

What's your graphics card? What pcsx2 and plugin settings?

Show us the content of your emulog.txt file under the "logs" folder after you get the problem so we can try to figure out what happened.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
PCSX2 cannot cause your computer to crash on it's own. It is either a hardware failure (i.e. overheating and the sort) or some case of really bad/ screwed up drivers.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Your System's Good enough. Most of the games are of Iso file, image files. It doesnt matter though.

you must Specify your GPU details.
Which Game are u running?
Check your windows Task Manager. Look whether any unknown program is running and slowing down ur pc.
Scan for Viruses.

Nothing of this works, then its configuration problem.
Its Not ur PC's fault, Even i run PCSX2 in my old p4!
[Image: wipe_b10.gif]
(10-16-2010, 01:23 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: What's your graphics card? What pcsx2 and plugin settings?

Show us the content of your emulog.txt file under the "logs" folder after you get the problem so we can try to figure out what happened.

Hi, I'm not really sure what you mean by PCSX2 and plugin settings, I thought I posted it already? I've attatched the log.txt file before my comp crashes. Thanks for your help! Smile

Here is my graphic card details.

Graphic card: Intel ® G45/G43 Express Chipset
Chip Type: Intel ® 4 Series Express Chipset Family
DAC Type: Internal
Approx. Total Memory: 1759 MB
Current Display Mode: 1600X900 (32bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP monitor

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 3,04 KB / Downloads: 303)
(10-16-2010, 09:48 PM)Devirin Wrote: Hi, I'm not really sure what you mean by PCSX2 and plugin settings, I thought I posted it already?

You posted what plugins you're using, nothing else yet.

With that graphics card I'd say change GSdx to use Direct3D9 (Hardware) instead.
Oh I see what you mean.
My PCSX2 settings are all set on default. Speed hacks and game fixes are disabled. The game is up and running now, thanks for the advice for changing the GSdx Direct3D9. But when I start the game, the fps is 60, and it will drops to 20 when the gameplay starts. Is there any way to increase/fix this? I've tried to change the resolution but it was still laggy.

Here are my plugin settings:

GSdx 3693 (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.16 set to Direct3D10 Hardware
-Renderer: Direct3D9 (Hardware)
-Interlacing (f5): none
-Native original PS2 resolution
-Hardware mode setting: Logarithmic Z and Alpha Correction (FBA) are both checked

LilyPad svn (r3878)
-Keyboard API: Windows Messaging
-Mouse API: Disable, start without mouse focus
- Game Device APIs: Direct input, XInput, Monitor when in background

SPU2-X r3702m 1.4.0
- Interpolation: 1 - Linear, Disable effects processing. Reverb boost factor: 1X - Normal Reverb volume
- Module: 2- Direct Sound. Latency: 321ms
-Synchronizing mode: TimeStretch
- Audio Expansion Mode: Stereo (none, default)

cdvdGigaherz (r3429) 0.8.0
- source drive: K:

USBnull Driver 0.7.0
FWnull Driver 0.6.0
DEV9null Driver 0.5.0

When the game is running, look at the percentages for EE and GS at the top of the window and post them here. This will allow us to advise you on what is the best way to increase speed.

You might also want to use the SSE4.1 GSdx plugin and see if that improves your speed at all, as your CPU should support it.
Specs in Profile
(10-17-2010, 07:27 AM)YukiS Wrote: When the game is running, look at the percentages for EE and GS at the top of the window and post them here. This will allow us to advise you on what is the best way to increase speed.

You might also want to use the SSE4.1 GSdx plugin and see if that improves your speed at all, as your CPU should support it.

Hi, thanks for helping Smile
I've changed the GSdx plugin to SSE41, there wasn't any difference.
Before game play: EE: 30-39% GS: 12-22%
During game play: EE: 24-31% GS: 98-101%
Enable the "native" option in GSdx, try enabling/disbaling "allow 8-bit textures" which could help or make it worse and as a last resort use frameskipping (Shift+F4 while playing).