Unable to run PCSX2 with the gsdx plugin
I was trying to play Silent Hill 2 but every time I go to load the game the emulator crashes. this does not happen with the zerogs plugin but every other gsdx crashes. Does anybody have any idea as to why this happens?

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-21-2014, 01:24 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Here are my specs.

Processor: Intel Core i7-4700MQ @2.4GHz
Ram: 8 GB DDR3
GPU: IntelĀ® HD Graphics 4600
Windows 8.1

I am using PCSX2 1.2.1 (r5875) default settings and tried to play Silent Hill 2 & 4 in ISO format.
Care to post the emulog.txt ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-21-2014, 07:31 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Care to post the emulog.txt ?

Here it is. It keeps crashing at this point but if I switch the plugin over to ZeroGS it works fine.

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 1,45 KB / Downloads: 204)
unfortunately you haven't loaded any game in this emulog.

If you want to post the emulog after a crash it is not sufficient to restart the program and copy/paste the console. You have to go to the \logs\-folder where you can find emulog.txt. This file will be overridden every time you run pcsx2.

The logs folder is either in your program directory or under my documents\pcsx2\
(11-21-2014, 12:18 PM)willkuer Wrote: unfortunately you haven't loaded any game in this emulog.

If you want to post the emulog after a crash it is not sufficient to restart the program and copy/paste the console. You have to go to the \logs\-folder where you can find emulog.txt. This file will be overridden every time you run pcsx2.

The logs folder is either in your program directory or under my documents\pcsx2\

Here's the file from the actual log folder. It looks similar to the first one though.

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 1,46 KB / Downloads: 183)
(11-21-2014, 12:21 PM)27isanumber Wrote: Here's the file from the actual log folder. It looks similar to the first one though.

still,this isn't the log file where you have loaded the game as, this doesn't have any crash reports.
And this file you attached directly after you ran pcsx2, loaded the game and the program crashed?
As I said it will be overwritten everytime you run pcsx2. So you really have to post it after the crash.
The thing is as soon as as I hit "Boot CDVD (fast)" this happens...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)