Unable to save any games (3 titles)
I am flat out stumped whats wrong here. I can create the mem card files and in the browser easily formats them. But of the games I have they say 'there is no game save files play anyway' (or something to that effect).

The EMU and all support files are on a separate drive with no user restrictions. I've been seeing this problem for a couple years and come to the program trying to find out why and keep coming up blank. Doesn't seem to work right with 1.3.1 1.4 or the 1.5 builds. If someone could point me to something to look at that'd be great, I'm very frustrated.

Win 10 x64 1703

Sponsored links

This isn't very clear. Are you saying that games aren't detecting your memory cards?
what memory card's cap did you create..most games are required a 8MB memcard.....higher than 8mb may not work at most titles.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(10-25-2017, 12:30 AM)CK1 Wrote: This isn't very clear. Are you saying that games aren't detecting your memory cards?

My Apologies, I understand the point of confusion. No the games appear to see a card, they just say there is no game save, and wont make one. If I eject the card I get a different message of there is no card.

(10-25-2017, 01:28 AM)smartstrike Wrote: what memory card's cap did you create..most games are required a 8MB memcard.....higher than 8mb may not work at most titles.

I made the standard 8M card files.
(10-25-2017, 01:52 AM)Lint Wrote: My Apologies, I understand the point of confusion. No the games appear to see a card, they just say there is no game save, and wont make one. If I eject the card I get a different message of there is no card.

I made the standard 8M card files.

Ok so a few details I want to flush out because there are still some holes here.

What directory are your memory cards under? If the directory has write permissions restricted (this happens in Program Files, for example) then that will easily stop a game from saving.

You mention it says there is no game save, and your title says unable to save. Typically, this is a game's response when trying to load, not save. Or, am I mistaken here?

Can you give us the titles of the games? Perhaps they have issues with using memory cards.
(10-25-2017, 01:52 AM)Lint Wrote: I made the standard 8M card files.

don't forget to format it on the bios menu.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-25-2017, 05:27 AM)smartstrike Wrote: don't forget to format it on the bios menu.

That's optional.

What I'm curious about - OP said that the game couldn't find any save files.

Did you download a save file and import it? Obviously if you created a new memory card file, it won't find any save files of the game.

If you did download a save file from gamefaqs, make sure it's for the correct region of the game, or it won't be recognized.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)