Uncompatible EE?
Midnight club II PAL-unk broken audio in cutscenes & in game sometimes !
If EE slider set to any value.

Sponsored links

Valquirie Profile 2, Xenosaga I, mainly will break hard with EE totally at right, Xenosaga will break the synch even at 2 irrc.

But you must not forget you are severely underclocking the PS2 CPU what is not good thing when emulating a system that is based on tight timings instead an easy to keep real time clock.

Like in all other threads, these setups (based on compensation instead synchronization) are for really desperate people with otherwise helpless machines and they aren't granted to work between different games and even in different parts of a same game.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Hi, Im back.
Before i share my trick please please please test and comment Smile.
First of all i don't ask dev or anyone to change setting or else, i just need everyone to discusse it (i like discussing Tongue2).
Now i understand framerate is for general sync audio and video.
Here my setting :
-Everything default
-in pcsx2_vm.ini increase framerate 35% (ntsc=81.00;pal=67.50)
-audio plugin use async
-limiter =75%
-speedhack EE cyclerate=3, VU cyclerate=0(never use it) other=unthick
If using EEcyclerate=3 framerate should be increase.
All of you must be ask:
-why change framerate, it caused bad sound sync ?
That won't happen if we use async mode
-audio async mode? Isn't it break some games?
Of course not as far as we limit =75% so emu will read it as ntsc=60fps,pal=50fps.
That the trick please test on you game that uncompatible with EE slider=3. It will bring speed up (i have test on racing games and other).
Now everything depend on your GPU if you have good GPU everything will fine.
Please test before comment. Thank youSmile
(please read whole post and test before label me with framerate freak Tongue2 and please correct me if i wrong cos im human too Smile).thank you
It is a different kind of speedhack, suitable maybe for some game engines but I suppose everything that streams data (video, audio) can and will get out of sync.
I get what you're doing, I do... but every thread I see you in you keep recommending or suggesting people try lots of things that MIGHT give a speed boost, but will DEFINITELY break parts of games and completely break others.

You have to remember that people come to these forums for help making games work, but introducing methods like this in many threads, casual forum users will think these are the recommended way to do things. This in turn will lead them to post "why isn't game X working right!?" which leads to more time being used trying to bug track something that average users shouldn't be messing with to begin with.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Im sorry i didn't mean to offense or else, but have you test on your game that uncompatible with EEslider=3 ? Smile thank you
In a way I understand Billy's attempts in trying making the games to work in less powerful machines, since he does not forget these settings aren't needed for the average gaming machine, that's OK.

At this point I believe he already understood that if there was a way to increase performance for lower machines without breaking things it would be implemented, I can bet all his (billy's) money than the devs would be happy if some way short than having to remake PCSX2 from scratch is found, and it would be dearly welcome.

Sadly, such thing will never come from attempts involving "compensation" at the cost of "synchronization". The difference between the two are well defined.

Compensation may work for specific cases but is not granted generally and is not granted even for an entire game. Synchronization on the other side is meant to keep things together independent on the game or the machine.

Besides, The FPS is not all, more important than FPS is the image flow is "correct", Is preferable to have a game running at low FPS but the image flows nicely and the "animation" is not messed is far better than running at 60 FPS but the flow is messed.

The imposition of 60 FPS (for NTSC) is not really related with FPS, it is the base refresh rate the real PS2 has set on hardware and is never changed (the same way your PC monitor does not change the refresh rate except under well defined situations and tied with standards, but once set it is never changed by user's software). That base PS2 refresh rate is the base for games synch, it is generally true in most case except if a particular game engine says otherwise. And then is the reason PCSX2 emulates it as FPS and try hard to keep it stable. For that reason alone, whatever attempt calling for changing it is not ideal, actually is not good even.

On the other side, for being just FPS on PCSX2 and the PC is ultimately a "real time" synced machine, the way actual "pictures" are placed on each frame is reflected as the ultimate emulation of what is the actual FPS on real PS2. The meaning of this is that is not enough to achieve 60 FPS on PCSX2, the pace the image changes is very important also, so the game not becoming laggy or sluggish (nor the inverse) and also, the "animation" of moving objects is not worsened as well. (PS: A way to understand a bit more clearly this point is to imagine when the image flow is reduced in it's "rendering" and then compensated increasing the FPS, you could be actually rendering it slower that the compensation... compensate it and that's the reason some games feel laggy despite the FPS becoming 60 in fact, to make it worse, the animation is messed also, losing intermediary stages).

The bottom line is in the question: "Does my attempt ask for compensating something?" if the answer is yes, so you know it shall not be recommended in general fashion but could still be useful to play "specific game" and the user must be warned about possible risks of losing synch and overall issues.
(05-20-2013, 04:29 PM)Koji Wrote: I get what you're doing, I do... but every thread I see you in you keep recommending or suggesting people try lots of things that MIGHT give a speed boost, but will DEFINITELY break parts of games and completely break others.

You have to remember that people come to these forums for help making games work, but introducing methods like this in many threads, casual forum users will think these are the recommended way to do things. This in turn will lead them to post "why isn't game X working right!?" which leads to more time being used trying to bug track something that average users shouldn't be messing with to begin with.

im sorry please read my comment above
"First of all i don't ask dev or anyone to change setting or else, i just need everyone to discusse it (i like discussing )."
Smile
@ nosisab: is my setting works?
What i get from my experience, pcsx2 has 2 limiter.
First is framerate in pcsx2_vm.ini which is for general sync e.g sound plugin which based from framerate pcsx2
Second is limiter from GS tab which is screen up date.
So if we set framerate high and decrease % limiter to games standard region (ntsc=60,pal=50) everything will fine if we use async audio mode Smile
(05-20-2013, 05:24 PM)billyash Wrote: @ nosisab: is my setting works?
What i get from my experience, pcsx2 has 2 limiter.
First is framerate in pcsx2_vm.ini which is for general sync e.g sound plugin which based from framerate pcsx2
Second is limiter from GS tab which is screen up date.
So if we set framerate high and decrease % limiter to games standard region (ntsc=60,pal=50) everything will fine if we use async audio mode Smile
As stated in other opportunities, the test is meaningful only if done in a similar to your's machine. Billy, in mine machine the games works already without issues, some needing just a little of VU cycle stealing.

That setting can not help what is already working and on the other hand the results could be "disastrous" just because the compensations work differently then. Besides, even where working, I could not really see a difference without removing the framelimiter but this by itself would make comparison difficult except by sheer raw PCSX2 FPS which, as stated in the previous post, is not what really matter if it does not translate actual PS2 FPS.