Underground 2 slowness.
I understand my computer's processor is already lower than the recommended. However, Need for Speed: Underground 2 is the only game that's running slowly. Heck, even God of War ran from unplayable to flawless with the speed hacks (EE@2 and VU Cycling @ 2). I've read the compatibility for Underground 2 as green (Playable from start to finish).

Underground 2 didn't improve with speed hacks. Not even a small bit. I've noticed this is also a problem on a youtube video where a russian had the same slowness.

CPU: i7 920 @ 2.67.
Mem: 12 GB.
Video: GTX 780, set to dedicated per video configuration.
Video (Other): GTX 480, HD 4550

Game: Underground 2.

Thank you, very much.

Sponsored links

think the need for speed games are one of the more demand games. possible that system is not fast enough
AFAIK, even the latest I7 @4.0 ghz is unable to make this game run at full speed.
I think this has something to do with the blur effect. (not sure about this, though...)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-28-2014, 06:59 AM)jesalvein Wrote: AFAIK, even the latest I7 @4.0 ghz is unable to make this game run at full speed.
I think this has something to do with the blur effect. (not sure about this, though...)

My i5 4440 @ 3.1ghz would like a word. Here's the Underground 2 demo inside B3. It doesn't work in the HW renderer, but heres a screenshot of it in the SW renderer on my rig.

That i7 920 won't touch Underground 2 though.

[Image: yep.png]
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(07-28-2014, 09:17 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: My i5 4440 @ 3.1ghz would like a word. Here's the Underground 2 demo inside B3. It doesn't work in the HW renderer, but heres a screenshot of it in the SW renderer on my rig.

That i7 920 won't touch Underground 2 though.

[Image: yep.png]
Thank you for your responses. I'm just going to yield to "Upgrade the processor."

Nobbs66, That's impressive! What's B3? I tried searching for this before I asked, but... I didn't get any solid answer what "B3" is in this context.
Are you using Direct3D11 (Software), 3D9 (Software), or OpenGL (Software)?
I've compared the processors on different websites and it's not too much faster (Source(4 vs 4 cores)). Im building a PS2 emulator machine, so this is an area of interest so I can squeeze every last performance from my
Oops, B3 = Burnout 3: Takedown.

For this I'm using Direct 3d11 Software as the hardware renderer runs at like 1fps.

Your cpu will probably only get around 40fps max though. Sadly the menus slow down to around 40fps for me.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]