Unexpected change in Katamari Damacy playability
Hi all,

I installed pcsx2 with the sole goal of playing Katamari Damacy on my laptop. I got it working, although there were a fair amount of gray polygonal artifacts (despite trying fixes that others suggested) and the speed was pretty slow.

However, when I tried to play today, there was a massive and sudden slowdown in fps. Last night it was running at 35-45 fps in gameplay, 60 fps in loading screens. Now it's running at about 12 fps in gameplay, and 25 fps even in the loading screens. Any idea what might have caused this sudden change? I didn't modify anything in my settings or on my computer in between, and no fiddling since has helped.

Now the game is unplayable Sad

In case it's helpful, here are my stats.
Computer: Vista, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.26 GHz, 3 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9600.
pcsx2: beta version 1888, gsdx 0.1.15 for graphics, Linuz Iso for the dvd (uncompressed), both VU0 and VU1 recompilers, EE sync hack x2 is the only speed hack.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored links

It's either overheating or changed power scheme (not at high performance) that lower the clock speed of your processor.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-12-2010, 12:22 PM)Bositman Wrote: It's either overheating or changed power scheme (not at high performance) that lower the clock speed of your processor.

Thanks! I checked the performance/power settings and used my cooling pad, and now, with the other tweaks I made, I'm getting a regular 60 fps. Awesome.