Uninstalling pcsx2
Whenever I installed pcsx2 it edited my some part of my windows to be able to access ??? memory. I forget what it was called exactly.

Can someone tell me what it is so I can undo whatever it did? Thanks a lot

Sponsored links

A message about PCSX2 changing something to access Virtual Memory?. I also got this message, but I haven't really noticed much (if at all) difference in performance after PCSX2 had set this. So I'm not sure why'd someone be worried about it to be honest :-p (Although it did make me wonder, Lol).
Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 3.9GHz - MSI TwinFrozr GTX680 4GB...
...Nerpyderp.
do you mean SE_LOCK_MEMORY?
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Uh, I'm not entirely sure.

It obviously wasn't important enough for me to remember properly >.< lol
...Nerpyderp.
As far as I know, this doesn't affect other applications. Why would you worry, if anything Tongue2.
do you think is risky?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/tb...2/lock.jpg
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
I just looked it up.
Quote:Lock Pages in Memory is a Windows security setting policy that determines which accounts can use a process to keep data in physical memory, which prevents the system from paging the data to virtual memory on disk, directly improves the response time speed of the process, especially data-intensive program such as SQL Server database management system, as access time from RAM is definitely faster than disk I/O.

Lock Pages in Memory option privilege must be enabled to configure Address Windowing Extensions (AWE) which allow a 32-bit software application to access more physical memory than it has virtual address space. Both settings are normally used to optimize Microsoft SQL Server database server running on Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 by allowing the user account running SQL Server to load the whole process in physical memory without using any paging file flow over to disk.

Note that exercising or enabling this privilege could significantly affect system performance by decreasing the amount of available random access memory (RAM). So, a system is recommended to have large memory size, typically bigger than 4 GB. Which mean that on 32-bit operating system, PAE has to be enabled, although neither Lock Pages in Memory nor AWE depend on PAE. Beside, on 32-bit operating systems, setting this privilege when not using AWE can significantly impair system performance. However, on 64-bit operating system, although not required, it’s recommend to lock pages in memory.
>.>
...Nerpyderp.
So, this setting may hinder performance at all? Could somebody confirm it from experience?
I haven't seen any performance difference in other programs.

I think the point is you'll see a performance decrease when PCSX2 is running, since it forces the OS to not page a potentially significant chunk of memory to disk. But if PCSX2 is running you're probably not too concerned with other programs anyway.

So don't leave PCSX2 running when you do other things and you're fine. No difference.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi