Unistalling previus version of pcsx
Hi guys,im new, i want ask for an information: i have installed the new version of pcsx 1.6.0 and i have the previuos version too , the 1.5.0. When i try to uninstall the old version , there isnt in the panel control where i usual uninstall apps/programs. How can i uninstall the old version? can i just delete the installation folder or need the classic uninstall?

Sponsored links

If it's not in the usual place in Apps/Features then you can just delete the folder.

There are also some 3rd party apps that can force uninstall stuff that doesn't show in the windows menu.

I think the one I used a long time ago is True Uninstaller or something like that.
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
There are two versions of pcsx2
One is 1.4.0 which is the official one and that one comes as a installer
And the other one is 1.5.0 which is the beta version which runs in portable mode(all data is saved into the same folder)

If you used 1.5.0 until now,that means you used the portable version so obviously there will be no entry in the Add\Remove
The latest official version is 1.6.0 which have a installer version like 1.4.0

There is only one difference between portable and installer version(I really don't understand why do we have an installer version)
The installer version saves the settings and cards\savestates in the Documents\PCSX2
The portable version saves everything in the same folder which is a lot more useful because you can just copy the whole folder and move it somewhere else and it will work the exact same way(even on another pc)
(05-19-2020, 05:51 PM)Zangetsu21 Wrote: If it's not in the usual place in Apps/Features then you can just delete the folder.

There are also some 3rd party apps that can force uninstall stuff that doesn't show in the windows menu.

I think the one I used a long time ago is True Uninstaller or something like that.
yh, i tried revo uninstaller but it doesn appear in the list. so i guess i have to delete folder, right?
ps: does the install of psxe modify something of registry? cause if it doesnt, i read on other topics that i could delete simply the folder and consider it as a clean uninstall, correct?
(05-19-2020, 06:06 PM)vsub Wrote: There are two versions of pcsx2
One is 1.4.0 which is the official one and that one comes as a installer
And the other one is 1.5.0 which is the beta version which runs in portable mode(all data is saved into the same folder)

If you used 1.5.0 until now,that means you used the portable version so obviously there will be no entry in the Add\Remove
The latest official version is 1.6.0 which have a installer version like 1.4.0

There is only one difference between portable and installer version(I really don't understand why do we have an installer version)
The installer version saves the settings and cards\savestates in the Documents\PCSX2
The portable version saves everything in the same folder which is a lot more useful because you can just copy the whole folder and move it somewhere else and it will work the exact same way(even on another pc)
yh, i had 1.4.0 and there was the uninstall tool. a question: i download and install the version1.6 and noticed that there is a file "portable" inside the folder. does it means this is a portable version? in 1.5.0 there is this file too , so can i just delete the folder?
What makes a portable version is just that portable.ini file
Deleting it,pcsx2 will start acting as the installer version even if you downloaded the portable version
And placing that file into the installer version,that version will start acting as portable version

If you have a portable.ini file in the pcsx2 version you have used until now,it is possible that all of your saves are in the same folder so deleting that folder will also delete all of your progress

As I said,there is no "binary" difference between both versions.
I simple file is just telling pcsx2 where to store the settings and the saves,nothing else

You can just download the 1.6.0 binary version and extract it in the same folder as your current version and it will work the exact same way

1.4.0 Installer version saves the settings and the save into Documents\PCSX2 1.4.0 while 1.6.0 saves them in Documents\PCSX2
(05-19-2020, 06:38 PM)vsub Wrote: What makes a portable version is just that portable.ini file
Deleting it,pcsx2 will start acting as the installer version even if you downloaded the portable version
And placing that file into the installer version,that version will start acting as portable version

If you have a portable.ini file in the pcsx2 version you have used until now,it is possible that all of your saves are in the same folder so deleting that folder will also delete all of your progress

As I said,there is no "binary" difference between both versions.
I simple file is just telling pcsx2 where to store the settings and the saves,nothing else

You can just download the 1.6.0 binary version and extract it in the same folder as your current version and it will work the exact same way

1.4.0 Installer version saves the settings and the save into Documents\PCSX2 1.4.0 while 1.6.0 saves them in Documents\PCSX2
oh thanks for explanation , now i see. if i dont care save files , can i delete the folder and consider it as uninstall?(portable version)  
ps: btw i download the standalone installer instead binary cause i dont/didnt know the difference xD
The portable version is just a folder which you can delete and no traces of pcsx2 will be left
What the installer version does is
1.Write into the registry the uninstall entry
2.Saves the saves and settings in Documents\PCS2

Even if you delete the installer version folder without using the Uninstall in Add\Remove,nothing bad will happen
And also uninstalling pcsx2 just removes pcsx2 from "Program Files" and removes it from the Add\Remove
Your settings and saves will be left untouched(at least the saves,I don't know about the settings)
(05-19-2020, 07:37 PM)vsub Wrote: The portable version is just a folder which you can delete and no traces of pcsx2 will be left
What the installer version does is
1.Write into the registry the uninstall entry
2.Saves the saves and settings in Documents\PCS2

Even if you delete the installer version folder without using the Uninstall in Add\Remove,nothing bad will happen
And also uninstalling pcsx2 just removes pcsx2 from "Program Files" and removes it from the Add\Remove
Your settings and saves will be left untouched(at least the saves,I don't know about the settings)
I see. Thank u so much for ur help Laugh