Universal/ best settings for most games
Hello
I have a question about compatibility in hardware mode, upscaled - as a new pcsx2 user I'm not too familiar with avoidance over glitches that occur while upscaling these great classics.
I know that specific games do require some HW hacks and even running in native/software to avoid serious graphical glitches, but are there any universal settings that works good for most games?

Another thing - what is the overall compatibility of the latest pcsx 1.2.1 with games while using hardware mode, upscaled?
Can we say for example that xx% of all working games would work flawless (or with a very minor graphical glitches that will not ruin our enjoyment)
How to you measure the xx% ?

Sponsored links

(12-11-2014, 09:03 PM)belmont1990 Wrote: Hello
I have a question about compatibility in hardware mode, upscaled - as a new pcsx2 user I'm not too familiar with avoidance over glitches that occur while upscaling these great classics.
I know that specific games do require some HW hacks and even running in native/software to avoid serious graphical glitches, but are there any universal settings that works good for most games?
No. Apart from the default ones, of course.
Quote:Another thing - what is the overall compatibility of the latest pcsx 1.2.1 with games while using hardware mode, upscaled?
Can we say for example that xx% of all working games would work flawless (or with a very minor graphical glitches that will not ruin our enjoyment)
How to you measure the xx% ?
I'd say around 40%, but that´s just a wild guess...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I'd put it more at 60 to 70 percent, as the requirement allows minor glitches Tongue2
I see, it looks like ps2 is REALLY hard machine to emulate, still most games do have glitches.
How is that ePSXe and ppsspp can handle scaling almost perfectly with above 90% accuracy (VERY minor glitches in ppsspp, almost no in epsxe, OGL2)?

Another question - if I tweak scaling from native to 2x or 3x would it do more stress only to my GPU or also to my CPU??
Also if turning FXAA on would impact performance of my CPU or solely GPU?
(12-11-2014, 11:59 PM)belmont1990 Wrote: I see, it looks like ps2 is REALLY hard machine to emulate, still most games do have glitches.
How is that ePSXe and ppsspp can handle scaling almost perfectly with above 90% accuracy (VERY minor glitches in ppsspp, almost no in epsxe, OGL2)?

Another question - if I tweak scaling from native to 2x or 3x would it do more stress only to my GPU or also to my CPU??

Because PSX and PSP don't have a zillion different CPUs to emulate at once and keep synced (PS2 has EE, GS, IOP, VU0, VU1).

Scaling affects both GPU and CPU.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-11-2014, 11:59 PM)belmont1990 Wrote: Another question - if I tweak scaling from native to 2x or 3x would it do more stress only to my GPU or also to my CPU??
Also if turning FXAA on would impact performance of my CPU or solely GPU?
the stress is more on the gpu rather than the cpu, that's why you need a powerful gpu to play at upscaled resolutions.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(12-12-2014, 06:17 AM)ssakash Wrote: the stress is more on the gpu rather than the cpu.

Not necessarily. Depends on how powerful the GPU is. If it's very strong, upscaling will affect the CPU much more.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-12-2014, 06:25 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Not necessarily. Depends on how powerful the GPU is. If it's very strong, upscaling will affect the CPU much more.
but, this case is applicable only when, the op has a weaker cpu. (or) when, the gpu is bottlenecking the system.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
But we don't know the OPs hardware, so we can't say.

Anyway look at my system. Upscaling hits my CPU much harder. Neither are lacking for power.
My specs are
Pentium G3420 3.2ghz
Geforce GTX 750 1gb gddr5
4Gb RAM 1600mhz

I just bought this PC a month ago, this was my first custom build on rather economic budget and mandatory thing was to get mITX mobo and case - to hook it up to TV Smile

Right now I'm using scaling 3x with texture filtering and 8-bit textures and games looks fantastic in my opinion, tried setting 4x and FXAA but had some fps drops to ~50 in DQ VIII. Also FXAA was smoothing screen too much for my liking.