Unknown random characters on pcsx2 log
I was playing FF12, and I went back to window from full screen to check a message i had gotten to see this on my log:

I have never seen anything like that before in all my time of using this program. Any clue what any of that is?
------------
CPU: Core I7 Q720
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GT240M
Ram: 4 gigs

Sponsored links

Most likely some messages from the game that are meant to be read with a special program or instructions for the console.

Best to ignore them since we aren't even supposed to see the messages in the first place.

Edit: They could also be in another language that use a different encoding.
yeah but the odd part is, this is my first time EVER seeing it on FF12. The only game that i've ever seen it do that on before this was Wild Arms Alter code F, inwhich it did it every minute.. but on FF12, this is the first time. Its just a little odd.
------------
CPU: Core I7 Q720
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GT240M
Ram: 4 gigs
Normal stuff. They're Japanese language messages from the game (Squaresoft developer messages). All squaresoft games I've seen have them. Specifically the text is Shift-JIS encoded, a popular pre-UTF8 encoding used by japanese software engineers. In pcsx2 0.9.7 they'll actually display as proper japanese characters so long as you have the necessary fonts installed on your operating system.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team