Unofficial Windows Build
(05-01-2015, 07:06 AM)jesalvein Wrote: software mode fixes it.
It's not a pcsx2 issue, but a gsdx issue

It's not fix
Hardware :    
Software :    

(05-01-2015, 07:14 AM)desertofunknown Wrote: I can not guarantee a fix as with GSDX HW mode many things are limited to the GPUs ability to replicate certain effects but I will certainly look into i....t from now on please PM me with requests as to not clutter the thread.....

OKHappy

Sponsored links

(05-01-2015, 07:21 AM)n1dminhd Wrote: It's not fix
Hardware :
Software :

OKHappy

This looks more like a speedhack issue to me if it's occurring in Software mode as well. Please make your own new thread though for it.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(05-01-2015, 07:22 AM)Ryudo Wrote: This looks more like a speedhack issue to me if it's occurring in Software mode as well. Please make your own new thread though for it.

There have been many top is made, since 2009 and I do not want to set more
Sorry I bad eng
SuperMan Return Topic
(05-01-2015, 07:30 AM)n1dminhd Wrote: There have been many top is made, since 2009 and I do not want to set more

If you don't want support, then stop polluting this thread, thanks.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-01-2015, 07:10 AM)desertofunknown Wrote: Changes to the UI ... Plugin changes...(enabling Opencl)... Older builds on other branches... Game fixes...(PCSX2 Core) I can not guarantee how long it will take me to make the changes... please be realistic with requests....
Okay, I will start with a simple task on testing your expertise.
  • BS_AUTO3STATE is a function for 3 state Checkbox on the UI. there are three states on the function according to the used variables. now, could you manually change the native variable function for the three checkbox states instead of just manually using a function parameter (or) conditional statements for the variable change ? if yes, would it affect all the other functions which use the three state function ?

• PM me a build where, all the functions at HW hacks use a static drop down list instead of the checkbox. you can refer the IDC_MSAA for reference on how to implement it. (to test your skills on the UI implementation)

• do you have any experience on how the GS functions work ? since, you mentioned that you have knowledge on GS related changes.

• Code:
    if(skip==0)
    {
    if(g_crc_region == CRC::NoRegion &&fi.TME && fi.FBP == 0x02000 && fi.FPSM == PSM_PSMCT32 && fi.TBP0 == 0x00000 && fi.TPSM == PSM_PSMCT32)
    a trivial one, the following function is linked with the CRC hack of the game spartan. what does this function do ?

you can provide your answers when you feel free. if you answer all of them right, I would feel that you can lend a hand on some changes. Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(05-01-2015, 07:38 AM)ssakash Wrote: Okay, I will start with a simple task on testing your expertise.
  • BS_AUTO3STATE is a function for 3 state Checkbox on the UI. there are three states on the function according to the used variables. now, could you manually change the native variable function for the three checkbox states instead of just manually using a function parameter (or) conditional statements for the variable change ? if yes, would it affect all the other functions which use the three state function ?

• PM me a build where, all the functions at HW hacks use a static drop down list instead of the checkbox. you can refer the IDC_MSAA for reference on how to implement it. (to test your skills on the UI implementation)

• do you have any experience on how the GS functions work ? since, you mentioned that you have knowledge on GS related changes.

• Code:
    if(skip==0)
    {
    if(g_crc_region == CRC::NoRegion &&fi.TME && fi.FBP == 0x02000 && fi.FPSM == PSM_PSMCT32 && fi.TBP0 == 0x00000 && fi.TPSM == PSM_PSMCT32)
    a trivial one, the following function is linked with the CRC hack of the game spartan. what does this function do ?

you can provide your answers when you feel free. if you answer all of them right, I would feel that you can lend a hand on some changes. Smile

The above code does ... nothing in the state you have it... it is only an If statement when it is in
Code:
    if(skip == 0)
    {
        {
            skip = 107;
        }

its setting skip to 107.... BS_AUTO3STATE is almost identical to 3 state Checkbox except it changes its state when a user selects it .. you have three states that it goes through which is check indeterminate and cleared this is just the style of check box function your wanting to use you still need to declare what happens...yeah i suppose i could work on a drop down list though i do not see how that would even be close to useful in a realistic setting unless of course your wanting drop down boxes for each individual setting to store a boolean.... still i wouldn't think that efficient more space wasting on the UI.... though it could shorten the code by a few lines ....I will look into it tomorrow I have been experimenting with some of the GS functions to get used GSDX's unique variables...I will get back to you on making a build with drop down menus though I think its un necessary unless your personally wanting it setup this way for personal use... from what I see your educated enough to do this easily yourself....I am very tired so perhaps we could talk about this again tomorrow
Motherboard: SABERTOOTH 990FX/GEN3 R2.0
CPU: AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core 3.5GHz @ 4.8ghz 1.41 v
GPU: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V
Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 @ 1866
yes, it's an conditional statement which checks for the game with the specific region and initializes the CRC hack for the following game based on the region of the given function in GScrc.cpp on the GSdx plugin. In our case, it was a no-region version of Spartan which was later identified as the EU region and was changed and hence there was need to change the NoRegion to EU to make the specific CRC hack accessible for the game.

also, the UI implementation wasn't focused on a realistic situation. I just used the test to confirm whether you could handle the UI implementation (or) not. anyway, looks like you would be fine on the UI Implementation side. Smile

by the way, what were you experimenting with the GS functions ? care to explain ?

Overall, I think it would be better providing the changes in Github rather than making a unofficial branch.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
you should have a look into git forks.
This would make your work easier and allow the pcsx2 dev team to apply your changes to the main code base if you fix something.
If you fork like this manually you will miss all the changes that are done in the meantime. Since gregory is playing a lot with gsdx/gsdx(OGL) and probably fixes some stuff you probably want to include these changes.
There's no need for unmodified unofficial builds since there are perfectly fine official ones, and this forum doesn't offer support to people who use unofficial builds.

Helping improve PCSX2 is of course welcome, but the way to do that is by forking PCSX2 on github and then submitting pull requests.

OTOH, if you want some people to help you test some specific changes that you made to PCSX2, and you didn't submit a PR or it wasn't merged yet, then the best way is to point people to your fork on github, let them see what the changes are, and possibly offer a built binary for testing - with clear description of how it's different than the official builds.

Otherwise, there's no point in offering unofficial builds since it can only confuse forum visitors.

Also, even if arc is a great archive format, it's not common enough so many people won't be able to open it (and won't download tools just to open it), and antivirus programs might not be able to see into it, so zip is best in this regards, and if you want better compression, you can use 7z.