Unpacking/Repacking savestates and memory card
If i unpack with winrar or 7zip after renaming .00.p2s files to ).00.p2s.rar.
Then if i want to edit it in a hex editor and then repack it to a new zip/rar file. The compression is wrong. The savestate or memory card is now corrupt. What program should i use to get the exact compression version that the savestates and memory cards use? winzip/winrar and 7zip is a nono because it uses wrong compression when creating new files.

Sponsored links

It's gzip and you CAN use 7zip to pack it(just did it to try). The only thing, WHY?>.> Editing memory directly(for example with Cheat Engine or any other similar program) is much more efficient, unless you're trying to fix corrupted savestate, it's pretty much useless to hex edit the file on the hdd;].
(09-11-2011, 09:14 AM)Jandazekon Wrote: If i unpack with winrar or 7zip after renaming .00.p2s files to ).00.p2s.rar.
Then if i want to edit it in a hex editor and then repack it to a new zip/rar file. The compression is wrong. The savestate or memory card is now corrupt. What program should i use to get the exact compression version that the savestates and memory cards use? winzip/winrar and 7zip is a nono because it uses wrong compression when creating new files.

the files are packed with gzip, maybe wanna try that
Savestate is corrupt or incomplete!
Path: C:\PS2\sstates\SLES-,,,, (----).01.p2s
(pxActionEvent) Savestate file does not contain 'PCSX2 Savestate Version.id'(VM_UnzipFromDisk)
just renaming the files don't change the compression
[Image: recodersignature2.png]