Unplayable Audio Issues for FFX
Sad 
Hello!

I decided to go back an replay FFX, and after about 200 hours in (ie: end game shenanigans) my audio has decided to become completely unplayable. I've tried all normal troubleshooting I found in other threads / websites (ie: have confirmed its not an FPS issue, switched and configured all audio modules, switched synch modes) and nothing fixes it -OR- even comes close. (Port Audio gives me a whole DIFFERENT kind of horrible noise, but otherwise no fix has any significant change).

I am running this on my same computer than runs VR seamlessly, so there should be no performance issues.  There has been no change in any hardware, software, or settings when this change happened. I have uninstalled PCSX2 twice now, with no change. 

Some background music seems to be missing completely (ie; regular battle music), some is OK, but most others are just a choppy nightmare. Voices are coming across as kind of doubled (hard to describe)?  I took a video that shows the majority of the issue (towards the ends is where the issue comes up!), though it doesn't involve any talking. It can be downloaded here via Wetransfer, as apparently its too big to be attached here Smile https://we.tl/t-xhRoVW8B3y

I'd love to get this stuff sorted before I continue, as Im all emotionally invested and it hurts my heart to end the game playing it with no sound :'(

Sponsored links

1st : dunno how you did this, but your savestate version and your bios version don't match. you will face some issues with this
2nd : try loading from memcard instead
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-03-2021, 09:51 AM)jesalvein Wrote: 1st : dunno how you did this, but your savestate version and your bios version don't match. you will face some issues with this
2nd : try loading from memcard instead

Seems to be working, so SOLVED!

Ill admit to just quicksaving 100% of the time, but I never thought that could be an issue. Thanks a bunch! Will update if the fix doesnt last.