Unusually poor performance.
I've been experiencing some rather poor performance with many of the games I've tried playing from my collection, and I can't figure out why.
I followed the setup guide thoroughly, and many games run just as bad with default settings as they do with a fresh install.
The one thing I changed in this install was switching to DX11(Hardware), but even as that runs better, it still lags more than I had hoped.
All with no other major programs running along with it. Maybe someone can help me?

(Playing God Hand)
FPS: ~32
EE: 98%
GS: 36%

Operating System =  Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM     =  8190 MB
CPU name         =  AMD Athlon™ II X4 630 Processor
Vendor/Model     =  AuthenticAMD (stepping 02)
CPU speed        =  3.220 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType         =  Standard OEM
x86Flags         =  178bfbff 00802009
x86EFlags        =  efd3fbff

MSI GTX 970 4GB Gaming Edition

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 3,95 KB / Downloads: 265)

Sponsored links

The most likely culpit is your cpu. That's a pretty slow processor, and PCSX2 is very cpu heavy. In addition, it's most likely holding back your GPU considerably in pc games.
(01-05-2016, 05:48 AM)dogen Wrote: The most likely culpit is your cpu. That's a pretty slow processor, and PCSX2 is very cpu heavy. In addition, it's most likely holding back your GPU considerably in pc games.

You would be surprised to find it runs most next gen games pretty well.
I'll continue working on getting it running, but I suppose it's good to have this knowledge with me.
Maybe I'll go about buying a new processor.
PCSX2 is totally different than native PC games and needs strong single core CPU performance (exactly what your AMD processor lacks), whereas native PC games put most of the stress load on the GPU and less on the CPU. Even a cheap dual core Intel G3258 processor would blow your CPU away in PCSX2 performance.
Try mtvu and the opengl hw renderer
Actually, God Hand is a very performance-heavy game, almost like Shadow of the Colossus demanding.

You might have to set it to Native or 2x mode. Anything 3x and beyond may cause lag.

Also, no one should be using Windows 7 anymore. Should be at least on Windows 8.1 or 10 now.
(01-06-2016, 12:43 AM)Devina Wrote: Also, no one should be using Windows 7 anymore. Should be at least on Windows 8.1 or 10 now.
WTF? It's Windows 7, not XP. There are still plenty of reasons not to use 8.1 or 10 if you have Windows 7. Upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 is free for another 6 months, so there's no hurry either.
(01-06-2016, 01:19 AM)FlatOut Wrote: WTF? It's Windows 7, not XP. There are still plenty of reasons not to use 8.1 or 10 if you have Windows 7. Upgrading from Windows 7 to 10  is free for another 6 months, so there's no hurry either.

Windows 7 is what, almost 7 years old now?

Windows 8.1 + Classic Shell is better than Windows 7 in almost every way.
(01-06-2016, 01:41 AM)Devina Wrote: Windows 7 is what, almost 7 years old now?

Windows 8.1 + Classic Shell is better than Windows 7 in almost every way.

I'm quite sure a lot of people would disagree with you on that one, including myself. Windows 7 runs great, and potentially better with quite a lot of games. I've had nothing but problems when I installed 8.1 on my laptop for example, which game me enough reason to go back to Windows 7 where I had none.

If anything I'll be upgrading to 10 in the future instead, but staying the hell away from 8 / 8.1.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Windows isn't the topic of this thread. So let's get back on track or ....