Update Libraries
I actually just got it and Ace Combat 5 to run at 100% speed by pressing F9. Does anyone know where I can go to learn about the emulation process so I can learn why that works? I know it has something to do with hardware vs software emulation but I would like to find out what that entails and why it would change the speed. Thanks again!

Sponsored links

F9 changes the GS plugin to "software renderer" so basically your CPU starts doing the work. If that speeds things up either there's a bug in the hardware renderer or your GPU really sucks. Since you have a GTX 970 I would say there's a bug in the hardware renderer or you are pushing the resolution way too far, I think with Ace Combat 5 it does some mipmap trickery, which may not work so well in hardware mode.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-27-2018, 01:12 AM)refraction Wrote: F9 changes the GS plugin to "software renderer" so basically your CPU starts doing the work.  If that speeds things up either there's a bug in the hardware renderer or your GPU really sucks.  Since you have a GTX 970 I would say there's a bug in the hardware renderer or you are pushing the resolution way too far, I think with Ace Combat 5 it does some mipmap trickery, which may not work so well in hardware mode.

Is the hardware renderer based in PCSX2 or is it something determined by the coding of the game?
The renderer is part of PCSX2, it decides how it's going to draw the graphics on the screen, in hardware mode the emulator tells your GPU to do all the work, in Software mode your CPU does all the work.

The advantage of Hardware mode is speed, the drawback is compatibility as we are limited by DX11 or OpenGL in what they can do (and what's similar to what the PS2 does)
The advantage of Software mode is compatibility, we have a lot more control over how things are rendered, the drawback is speed as usually getting your CPU to do all the 3D calculations is very taxing for a device not designed for 3D work.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]